Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have just bought a Cello led tv for our MH, picture is great :thumb: but intended to run a cable from headphone jack to the 'audio in' on the cab radio to give better sound. But have found that the headphone socket on the tv is an 'optical audio out'. The input on the cab radio is a normal 3.5mm jack.:Confused::Confused:

I have found a cable with a TOS link optic audio jack at one end and a mini TOS link optical 3.5mm jack at the other, does anyone know if this will work before I buy one or do I need some kind of converter?

Any help from you knowledgable folk would be gratefully appreciated. :helpsos:

OP
OP
Tibs

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Bill!...but you know what he's like when he's had a few beers!!!
I posted another thread 'Doh..shoulda gone to specsavers'!! Explains it all:ROFLMAO:

It should've been a continuation of this thread...but I got confused :Doh: We make a right pair!!:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
lol ok what is the model of the tv the spec's will be online and i can check em for ya

OP
OP
Tibs

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Bill, its a Cello 19" LED TV/DVD model C19EFF-LED ...found an online manual on Cello website, late last night ............ and there it was headphone jack!! Just couldnt see it ..LOL
Even went out to the Van at 2 am this morning to try the sound cable from headphone jack on TV to Cab radio and it worked !!! :Doh:
Think I will still try a connection from the Digital audio out socket to the Cab radio to see if that gives a better quality of sound.That link you posted for a TOSlink plug etc quotes "Digital audio only and will not convert Digital signals into an analogue 3.5mm headphone connection" That was my original problem (apart from not seeing the headphone socket!!) whether the cab radio would play sound from the digital audio out ...if that makes sense. cheers, Steve

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
would separate speakers not do the job better instead of running the cable to your radio ?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
is this 12v steve i cant find anywhere it says 12v mate

OP
OP
Tibs

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes its a 12v TV, its just there are 2 extra Blaupunkt speakers fitted in the MH already linked to the Cab Radio, which give great sound so was trying to use them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back