TV Aerial with suckers from E-Bay (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I got one of these 'cos someone on here recommended it, and I don't fancy faffing with a pole. The areial works fine, but how do you get the suckers to stay put? I only got it yesterday and I've already broken it 'cos it fell off when I tried it on the van window. :Sad:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Sorry, I can't think of a sensible answer :Sad:

I just know that you're going to get loads of suggestions on how to make a sucker stay put though :roflmto:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Here we go then
Tie him to a chair:ROFLMAO:
To answer your question, if it wont stay put on glass then it suggest a very poor devise
I would look at a mod to fit quality sucker pads to it:thumb:as a rule of thumb the softer the rubber the better the stick
Or get a pole and mount it to that:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I don't have an Ariel that sticks on, but I do have a small Satellite dish that mounts on 3 rubber pads, and I have to wet the surface of each of them before they will stick to the roof, they also have knobs on the back of each of them that pull them tighter (I assume removing the air from the underside of the pad)

Have you tried wetting the suction pads ?

Hope that helps

OP
OP
Caztur
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
OK Thanks, guess I'll just give up and shell out some more dosh for a pole to clamp to the A Frame, was hoping to avoid that. I've already given one aerial away 'cos I couldn't get a bracket to attach it to a pole. :Sad: This has that already, but it's for a square pole. Have to fathom something out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Caztur
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Ouch - £519.99 fitted :Eeek: - no, I need to do this as cheap as poss, otherwise I'll be filching from my "saving up for a motorhome" fund, and it's not growing very fast as it is. :cry:

But thanks anyway. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back