Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Am just wondering how to connect up 2 TVs, main TV in the living area already has the aerial cable supplied to it, but we want to fit another TV in the bedroom (we like watching just before we go to sleep) How or what do i need to get it connected up in the bedroom ? surely not fix another aerial on the roof ?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No you don't need another aerial.

Do you have a booster somewhere? Have a look in the lockers directly below the aerial. More often than not there will be one.

It will look something like this:

thumb_VP 4 500.jpg

If you can find it just run another aerial cable from there to the new TV.

If you don't then you could add one easily enough.

You could also not bother and just cut a splitter into the cable coming down from the aerial but that really isn't recommended because you would be degrading the signal going to both TVs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Right. I'm thinking of old analogue, used to run cables all over the house via a booster box. :)

OP
OP
Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Many thx for the fast replies... have to go in search of that now.. our Autocruise had one of those and it in plain site in the wardrobe... cant say i have seen one in this one yet... (y) Thankyou

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Right. I'm thinking of old analogue, used to run cables all over the house via a booster box. :)

Old analogue systems were great. The best possible way of joining CoAx in those days was by twisting them together and taping them up. Better than any splitter. (y)

If you try that with a digital aerial you get no signal. It doesn't work at all.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
If your TV has a scart on the back you could run a scart lead to new TV. The do quite long ones, I believe about 5 meters. (y)

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Hi Toxic.... Yes, it works for me at home without a booster as long as you have ariel into lounge TV and scart from that TV to bedroom TV. You will find a slight interference, not enough to spoil the picture too much, and remember the station you choose on first TV will be same station on bedroom TV. Best wishes, Pat (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you have plenty wifi, all you need is an Amazon firestick, plug it in the back of the TV and no need for any sort of aireal or wires from one to the other.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back