Tut, Tut, today's children, did we teach them nothing ? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Papers today are saying that todays kids are indulging in less sex, less drink and less drugs than their parents / grandparents. One hopes they are still loving rock and roll !

Quote "Mintel said it proves that today’s young people are “the most sensible” generation in recent memory and “far more conservative” than their parents who came of age in the 1960s and 1970s"

Does this mean that we more "mature" folks will have to keep the spirit of rebellion going far longer than we should have to ?

No more passing the flag of revolution onto the younger generation for us !! We will have to keep the flame of rebellion alive fuelled by our old age pensions.

Fellow Motorhomers, it is your duty to grow old disgracefully, for who else will teach the ancient ways of excess to the "conservative generation". Proudly sing our battle song, as Mr Ian Dury taught us so well, "Sex and drugs and Rock and Roll", sing it loud !!!

Rallies should henceforth be renamed "Raves" and meets shall be called "Parties"

Long live the revolution !! Power to the People !

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I will do my bit regarding the Sex and Rock & Roll... (y)

Never been into drugs, so will pass on that... :blush:

It`s probably because of the NO drugs that I have the Stamina and fantastic good looks to carry on with the others... :cooler:::bigsmile:(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Never done drugs either, but the rest..............bring it on. And if Mo has fantastic good looks, there's hope for us all!

Craig

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
KeithRichards.jpg
No harm ever came from a bit of recreational drug participation....

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Papers today are saying that todays kids are indulging in less sex, less drink and less drugs than their parents / grandparents.

I thought I heard that on the radio news but it did include "11 to 15 year olds"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I really think it is dependant on which street in which town they carried out the survey

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back