Turtle mats - any good? Any better? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
One thing I saw at the NEC was a guy demonstrating Turtle door mats. They seemed very good at preventing wet transfer from boots to wooden flooring. These guys are obviously slick at showing what their products can do, rather than what they can't so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience of them or if something is better? (y)

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Vanman - I can say they are excellent - have two at home and have three in the motor home as carpets - I cut them to fit - not cheap but very good - bought them from John Lewis

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've used them for years, they're also called 'dirt grabber' mats - it's the sort of thing that shops use in their entrance ways (larger sizes) to prevent as much mess/wet being dragged in as possible.

We don't buy 'turtle' ones though as they are expensive, as you can get much cheaper versions, of the same quality elsewhere, try looking on line, at car boot sales, markets or even DIY stores - make sure you buy the 100% cotton ones though, not the acrylic/polyester/nylon things as they won't work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I think that the only downside(s) is that they always seem to look 'scruffy' after a bit of use, and if you dont keep shaking the damned things outside, and attacking them with a hard bristle brush, the dry crap gets walked in anyway.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We've replaced our MH carpets with them cut to fit the whole floor area after failing to persuade the dogs to take their shoes off. They're brilliant. Whatever gets walked in vacuums off once dry & if they get grubby they can go through the washer. There are a number of firms selling huge versions taken from industrial premises. Their 'A' grade is as good as new but half price or less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We've replaced our MH carpets with them cut to fit the whole floor area after failing to persuade the dogs to take their shoes off. They're brilliant. Whatever gets walked in vacuums off once dry & if they get grubby they can go through the washer. There are a number of firms selling huge versions taken from industrial premises. Their 'A' grade is as good as new but half price or less.
By the way Tony, the awning is great! Thanks again. (y)(y)(y)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've done exactly the same - I usually get them from car boot sales/markets in 'as new' condition (ie lightly used by the commercial premises they were 'hired' to), I used to have a lovely bright green one cut to size in a previous van and fortunately the dog did NOT think it was grass! Now I have a large black one cut to size but it's a b*ggar and shows all the flaming bits of fluff! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back