Turkey tourism must be finished (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Some of the kindest, helpful, friendly people I have ever had the fortune to meet. We will continue to support them if we can.

I completely agree with what you say. In fact I alluded to that in my post above. But for me with either my wife and or family to consider I would have just the tiniest wee doubt so the probability is we would choose somewhere else.

Like everyone here I despise terrorists and their far king ridiculous ideals and avoiding going to the countries and areas they haunt is playing into their hands. I hate that. But I consider those close to me first and foremost..

OP
OP
Autowbars

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Charlie, I do think that will be in the thoughts of many folk
Why put anybody at risk, no matter how small that risk.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Only said to Jan tonight that's gotta be the end of tourism for Turkey.
Such a shame a fabulous country I toured the whole of Turkey on a motorbike years ago and have such wonderful memories of the place and the people I met. Always promised to take Jan there one day but sadly that ships sailed I think.
If you took this line with every country or city that had an attack, you'd be at home all the time. Life is very very short, don't let people dictate where and what you can do. We lived in Belgium while the IRA attacks were on, we went to France for 3 weeks after the attacks last year and will go this year during the football, which is pretty high profile. No-one will ever ever tell me what to do with my time. Nor shld you. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Autowbars

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
They won't tell me either, but would hazard at a quest many folk would be put off from talk at the shop to customers, many say they are not going abroad at all this year saying things like it won't happen in Whitby, Bude, etc.

We're off to Europe a few times this year, so has not stopped me, and we take our young Grandson nearly all the time.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Charlie, I do think that will be in the thoughts of many folk
Why put anybody at risk, no matter how small that risk.
But if the risk has to be avoided why fly or take a train or swim or eat in a restaurant etc etc. If you avoid all risk you still end up dead but just miss out on life!!!. After the Paris attacks I would still visit no problem the thing that might put me off Turkey is seeing a lot of refugees/poor people I find it spoils my holiday. ( I know others will say that's a selfish attitude but it does)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I feel sorry for the relatives of those killed in this act of terrorisim ,Turkey claims that its the work of Kurdish terrorists , im not convinced.Isis is being hammered by the Kurds,the PKK are the most effective fighting force on the ground against isis and the Turks are openly critisising the USA for giving the kurds training and heavy weapons to fight isis ,the top end of Iraq is Kurdish and the kurds are on a land grab that the Turks do not like , so they are looking for an excuse to bomb them,so the easiest way to get an excuse is to have one of the many isis suicide bombers do their stuff and blame it on the Kurds or am i being cynical with regard to Turkish Politicians?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
' blame it on the Kurds '

I agree the Turkish authorities seem to have very quickly established the blame for this atrocity was with the PKK when in reality forensic science to establish identity of someone blown to bits, doesn't happen over night. With regard to tourism in the Turkish Aegean resorts, I think its safe to say that the majority of waiters, bar staff and people involved with tourists are in fact Turkish Kurds, living and working on the coast.

One other point the authoritarian Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a sly conniving fundamentalist who is just paying lip service to the west to further his own ends. Im really surprised that the Turkish Army haven't deposed Erdoğan before now, as he really is a threat to more instability in the region.

PS Mustafa Kemal (Ataturk) the founder of modern secular Turkey would be turning in his grave.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Will it never end?

Turkey has the ninth largest standing army in the world, significantly bigger than any in Europe other than Russia.

They could end it tomorrow if they chose to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back