LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Hi all, Just got down to South of France. On the way down the turbo kept cutting out leaving not much power. Once I stopped and turned the ignition off and on again it was alright for a while, then it would cut out again at random about 15 odd times. It is a VW transporter 2.4 engine. Can anybody please help.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Check the turbo hoses and see if they are deteriorating, if not there could still be a hole in them somewhere, or they might not be tight ... we had a turbo pipe come lose once and it gave us the same problem you appear to have - sudden loss of power.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
As turning the motor off and back on appears to clear the fault it can't be a hose come off, they don't put themselves back on. Being a T5 it has electronicall controlled injection and turbo boost so you really need someone who can read the ECU for faults and work out what is happening, anything else is pure guesswork.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
As Dave says, you need to get it read. We can all pop guesses, but that doesn't help you at all. I would say it is a break in the top loom (black/white wire) but no good taking all that to peices and checking until you have it read first as the transporter is plagued with so many issues that can all give similar symptoms.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back