Tunnelbear

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hotelman, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

At camping Zeeburg in Amsterdam, I met up with 'spottycatz' who was catching the ferry back to the UK after a winter in Spain.

Chatting as one does, with toilet paper under arm, he mentioned ' Tunnelbear' , I downloaded the app, and am now watching bbc1, will listen to Ken Bruce in the morning, and watch Sky sports on Saturday. A great bit of kit, and for £2.29 a month of unlimited download......BRILLIANT.

Even better, when SWMBO wants to watch Coronation Street, I can nip off for a couple of beers...£2.29 sounds like a bargain

2. Movinon

Movinon Funster

I am not familiar with this particular VPN service, but whilst it may offer a proxy server are you sure that it offers an actual VPN. It seems rather cheap. There was a case of a VPN service a while back which turned out to be just a proxy server. It wasn't possible to tell that the VPN part didn't work and this scam went undetected for some time. Not a problem if you don't need a serious VPN of course, and just want to watch TV.

3. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

Downloaded this a while back, was handy for getting additional US content from services such as Netflix, assuming they haven't since closed the door...

4. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Used it for about a year, no problems, good bit of kit. Does what it says.

Having said that, I don't use it so much now that I have an Android TV box.

• Like Like x 1
  5. peter marshall

peter marshall

We have tunnel bear but don't pay any fees . Pete

6. chaser

chaser Funster

If you are on android you can download an app called Kodi, it then turns your tablet into an android tv box for free, I get all the premiership games in foreign live, plus thousands of films and of coarse live TV. If you are interested have a look at this site, all the info is there.
    https://seo-michael.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Yup been using it for a long time now, best part is F1 for me. The site you quote is good but there are loads of sites out on the net, and although that one is a good start point, once you are Kodi the world of TV is your oyster.

To watch TV straight away on your computer, some will find this site OK www.justpaste.it/skytuesday

• Like Like x 2
  8. kc888

kc888 Read Only Funster

Tunnelbear is alright, I used it for a while before, but it cuts everynow and then...

Also with VPNs it often depends on how fast your internet connection is, and where you're situated.

I currently use Express vpn which isn't too bad. (https://www.expressvpn.com)