Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Looking at the weather forecast and thinking, we would rather be south, so booked the Euro-tunnel for 4th January 2014, then the long drive south and spend the winter in Portugal and Spain, Bring it on. :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We would have gone on the tunnel, but we had to cancel our ferry in August, and move the crossing, so in a couple of weeks its. :helptitanic::helptitanic::helptitanic::groan:
Hope its not rough, last time we have a bad crossing Jane and the girls were feeding the fish, :RollEyes: and I was not allowed any breakfast. :winky::ROFLMAO: Bob.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Wont be far behind you.. was planning about the 8th Jan once I see my live in grandkids off to school BUT may make an earlier departure.. Benidorm and then on to Bellavista for the next Morocco adventure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
:Sad: were stuck in UK until next August :Sad: soooo jealous :Blush:

but then were off again :thumb::Cool:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
As a matter of interest talking to my mate today who have just arrived back from Sweden in his large C class :

He has several dogs so gets DFDS Dover to Calais as dogs are free on the outward jouney, its a single and quite reasonable at the midnight ish time.

Whilst away be books a day return Calais to Dover and a good price & dogs are cheaper than DFDS, then just ditches the return portion of the ticket.

Don't know if this is good or not as I have not ventured abroad in mine yet

Dave

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Worth looking into, but have to now look to see if small print in health insurance covers you if you do not have a return ticket as this was brought up recently on FUN.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
As a matter of interest talking to my mate today who have just arrived back from Sweden in his large C class :

He has several dogs so gets DFDS Dover to Calais as dogs are free on the outward jouney, its a single and quite reasonable at the midnight ish time.

Whilst away be books a day return Calais to Dover and a good price & dogs are cheaper than DFDS, then just ditches the return portion of the ticket.

Don't know if this is good or not as I have not ventured abroad in mine yet

Dave

Yes DFDS charge £30 for pets on the way back, but P and O charge £15 out and £15 back. ::bigsmile:
We go out with DFDS and not booked to come back, so depending on who is the cheapest when we decide it might be P and O.:winky::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back