Tunnel

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Rayb182, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

Looking at the weather forecast and thinking, we would rather be south, so booked the Euro-tunnel for 4th January 2014, then the long drive south and spend the winter in Portugal and Spain, Bring it on. :thumb:

• Like Like x 13
  2. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

We would have gone on the tunnel, but we had to cancel our ferry in August, and move the crossing, so in a couple of weeks its. :helptitanic::helptitanic::helptitanic::groan:
    Hope its not rough, last time we have a bad crossing Jane and the girls were feeding the fish, :RollEyes: and I was not allowed any breakfast. :Wink::Rofl1: Bob.

• Like Like x 3
  3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Wont be far behind you.. was planning about the 8th Jan once I see my live in grandkids off to school BUT may make an earlier departure.. Benidorm and then on to Bellavista for the next Morocco adventure.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Phill D

Phill D

:Sad: were stuck in UK until next August :Sad: soooo jealous :Blush:

but then were off again :thumb::Cool:

5. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

As a matter of interest talking to my mate today who have just arrived back from Sweden in his large C class :

He has several dogs so gets DFDS Dover to Calais as dogs are free on the outward jouney, its a single and quite reasonable at the midnight ish time.

Whilst away be books a day return Calais to Dover and a good price & dogs are cheaper than DFDS, then just ditches the return portion of the ticket.

Don't know if this is good or not as I have not ventured abroad in mine yet

Dave

6. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Worth looking into, but have to now look to see if small print in health insurance covers you if you do not have a return ticket as this was brought up recently on FUN.

Nigel and Pamala

7. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Yes DFDS charge £30 for pets on the way back, but P and O charge £15 out and £15 back. :BigGrin:
    We go out with DFDS and not booked to come back, so depending on who is the cheapest when we decide it might be P and O.:Wink::Rofl1: Bob.