tunnel

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by xjrchris, Jul 11, 2013.

1. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

hi we are going over on the tunnel on the 3rd sep, we will be traveling up the night before, does anyone know anywhere to park up close to the tunnel or any sites close by ?????????????
    thanks chris

2. FM02MZO

FM02MZO Funster

If you are in the Caravan Club, Black Horse Farm is only 15 minutes away from the terminus, they have a proper ferry area, which is hard standing with EHU etc. you can arrive or depart any time of the night you want

3. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

thanks im not in the c&c but I am in the cc&c ,I was hoping to give a site a miss but if that's the only choice I will us one

4. scousebird

scousebird Funster

There is a Tesco just off M20 Junction 12, I've seen a few vans parked there. then you can go back out, cross the M20 at the roundabout and follow the signs on the A20 back to the tunnel.

5. lunarman

lunarman Funster

We have stayed at The Black Horse Inn
    a couple of times. Good beer and good food. 10 mins from the tunnel terminal. Free parking and EHC if you eat in the pub.

Even closer is The Drum Inn they have a campsite attached.

John

6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

7. B-well

B-well Funster

Pop down into Hythe, free parking in Military road along canal, local shops and pubs available 10 mins to tunnel if that.

8. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

We used this site some 2 years or so, not being CC members it turned out to be an expensive site. From memory it could have been about £25, could be wrong.

Looking at reviews, its now £28 per night.
    Not worth the money..

9. Allanm

Allanm Funster

C&CC has a site at Bekesbourne near Canterbury. It's a nice site and is about 30 mins from Tunnel. We haven't used it because we live just outside Canterbury ourselves but it looks a nice quiet site.
    Allan

10. The Dude

The Dude Funster

The Drum Inn charged us £25 in April even though we ate in their restaurant!!

11. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

If you get there early enough Canterbury park and ride Old Dover road is our favorite, for £2.50 and 24 hours, you park in a dedicated area with water and dump you have toilets on site and it includes the bus into town, come out the gate and a pub on the roundabout. :thumb:

If its just a quick stop for the night, we park along the sea front at the far end of marine parade Dover, free after 1800 until I think 0900. But check when you get there, because they will give you a ticket if you go over. :Doh:

Have a good trip. :thumb: Bob.

12. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

They now charge £10 for an overnight stay but give a discount off food and drink. Also adviseable to book in advance

13. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

I second Hythe, there is ample parking on both sides of the canal with a large sainsbury nearby, cashpoint and shops are also convenient, and 15 mins drive to the tunnel,

Ivor

• Like Like x 1
  14. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Chris , Can't help with parking, Just wondered where in France you were heading ,when you do go in Sept, we are going dover --dunkirk on the 1st for 2 weeks we are off to brittany or there abouts.
    Terry:sin::sin:

15. june123

june123 Read Only Funster

Hi Terry
    We did Brittany a couple of years ago. Can recommend a few good aires if you need them. I thought Brittany was going to be too flat for me but I loved it.

16. JACQ

JACQ Funster

Interesting thread to me as we are going via tunnel later this month. I think there is a Brit Stop in the area, if you're members, not entirely sure how far from tunnel though. I'd be interested in any Brittany Aires recommended, as if the sun is heading that way, we probably will too!:thumb:

17. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

thanks for all the answers ,
    we are going to Germany ,stopping at the moselle and then going up to koblence and stopping there for 5 nights ,from there we will play the next 4 days by ear, chris

18. brynric

brynric Funster

We are crossing on the tunnel on the 9th. We will have a late night crossing and rest up on the aire in Cite Europe before making an early start to travel south. I find stopping on the French side is easier and saves the worry of finding a stop-over