tunnel prices ?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by artc, Oct 19, 2009.

1. artc

artc Read Only Funster

Does the tunnel have a period when the prices come down?

2. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Yes when nobody wants to use them .i.e school hols etc :thumb:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

just gone throughn various dates and times and it appears to be random...

anything from £62 return to £196 return.

4. AdgeRas

AdgeRas Read Only Funster

Hi.

It normally is based on 2 situations:

1: If you travel off peak, which is between 16:00 - 05:59 Folkstone to Calais or 00:00 - 13:59 Calais to Folkstone you get the cheaper fares.

2: Don't travel on the 'peak dates' which can be found via this page.

Fares, dates and times

I know thats the 'frequent travellers' page, but it gives links to the various dates.

£53 is apprently the lowest fare for normal bookings.

Using the Frequent Traveller is a good option if you go over to Europe a lot. I phoned and enquired the other day, and you are advised to buy the 'FT' package £390, listing your CAR. The £39 is NOT for Motorhomes, they don not clearly state that on their web site, but when I called, they told me, you then are going to have to pay an extra £9 per trip if you take your Motorhome as you are taking up more space. However, by registering your car, it allows you to use your 10 tickets easier, as you may choose to take a quick day trip iver and thus use all 10 trips within the 12 months. The 10 trips are not transferable between people, but are transferable between what vehicle you choose to take.

Hope that helps

Adge

5. daps

daps Read Only Funster

I understand Tesco Clubcard vouches are the cheapest way through the tunnel.

6. takeaflight

takeaflight Read Only Funster

What I do is go direct online with Eurotunnel, search for the best price/time and then tel C and CC for a quote, normally I get approx 15% off the online price.

Also I have discovered that due to the way Eurotunnel's booking system works out the price's, the online quote you receive to-day may not be the same to-morrow for exactly the same package. Therefore if you are not tied down to certain crossings then it's worth playing about with days and times to obtain the best price.

We go on a late evening crossing, cheaper and the motorways are quieter and then stop the night at bay of somme tourism holiday travel France family beach nature week end baie de somme free apart from the toll.
    Roy

7. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

Free with Tesco Clubcard vouches, would be the beast way :Wink: