Tuning to Astra 1 (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Presently in El Rocio, Andalucia, Spain, Brit van parks up a couple of pitches away sets up sat dish and is struggling to tune to Astra 1, his freesat is built into his Avtex to which by default I guess is preset to tune to Astra 2. Got me thinking we bring plenty of films, dvds etc away but it would be nice to watch and catch up on the news (Sky News) Would it be as simple as buying a freesat box in Spain, Portugal or France and they would be pre programmed to Astra 1 ??? Should add we have a portable multimo dish not a fixed one.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
What sat receiver/tuner do you use with your dish? Can you not align the dish to Astra 1 and set the receiver to that satellite to pick up the channels?

Edit: not sure if this link helps...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We've just had an Alden system fitted by @eddievanbitz and the box has a menu to choose from before it goes to the freesat box.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I think it's astra2 you need to receive, nothing on astra1 now as far as i know
There is about 28 English speaking news and current affairs programs on Astra1 along with music channels, sports and films, some which are transmitted either in English or English with sub titles Oh and rude stuff:eek:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Its the dish controller that tells the dish which satellite to look for not the tuner box or TV.

The actual ins and outs will depend on the system you have.

Martin

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Its the dish controller that tells the dish which satellite to look for not the tuner box or TV.

The actual ins and outs will depend on the system you have.

Martin
KVH R4 R4SL R5 and Oyster digital systems will change automatically Satellite to suit the chosen TV channel

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
What sat receiver/tuner do you use with your dish? Can you not align the dish to Astra 1 and set the receiver to that satellite to pick up the channels?

Edit: not sure if this link helps...

It's a Manhatten receiver a cheapie from Tesco, absolutely brilliant on Astra 2 in France, I assume perhaps wrongly the receiver is preset to 2, not really into sat tech hence asking advice. Hence my original post asking if easiest option was to purchase a receiver in Europe.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I guess if the Manhatten receiver is Freesat then it may be preset to Astra 2? We just use the free to air satellite tuner on the Avtex tv, so we're not much help! ;)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It's a Manhatten receiver a cheapie from Tesco, absolutely brilliant on Astra 2 in France, I assume perhaps wrongly the receiver is preset to 2, not really into sat tech hence asking advice. Hence my original post asking if easiest option was to purchase a receiver in Europe.
Many Freesat boxes can be set in the menu to act as a free to air box, so you'll be able to change satellite

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back