Tuning in help!! (1 Viewer)

paulnruth

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Funster No
Can anyone help? We are new to this motorhoming lark and having big problems tuning our dish in.
People have recommended using Sky news as the channel to log onto, on our first trip this worked fine but up in Scotland where we are now this is not working at all.

We can get lots of 'foreign' channels but no English ones. It isn't saying ' no channel' either. On the sky news channel we have managed to get 89% signal intensity and 60-70% quality but stll nothing...
Is there something simple we arent doing ????
HELP!!!!!

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Sounds like you are tuned to Astra 1.:Doh:: You need Astra 2 . :thumb When you are setting up your horizontal signal you have gone to far West (right) with your dish. Turn it back to the left , Astra 2 is the first signal you come to. No doubt some funster will send you the correct settings I do not have them to hand.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi paul and ruth.

welcome to the fun

how far up scotland are you and how big is your dish ?

too far north and too small a dish and you may not get astra 2 at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Macytia

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
4 years
Use a compass on a bearing of 140 degrees, 28.2 is the first sat from the left, so pull your dish to the right of compass direction and astra 2 is first sat you hit.

As PJ says if really North Scotland you will need a zone 2 dish 60cm plus due to being further from the equator:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
As papajohn says, Scotland can be a funny place to get astra 2.

when tuning in my old system I used to go on to Services, system, signal, and use that as the tuner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back