LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A good friend has just posted up this question on Bird...

never having been involved in caravans in any strong way I cannot help and I think all the others on there are floundering !!

Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light ?

Yvonne my "other half" has a Caravan with one of those electrickery "movers" fitted to it, a problem has arisen as she hasnt used the van for a year or so, the Battery has gone flat, yeah I know, however after charging it, we have discovered the "mover" wont!!
It "clicks" but wont do anything else, she had a similar problem a bit back, and was told the "mover" had to be re set, and was charged some cash!!
Now being completely ignorant about these things, could someone please tell me how without having to take the van to a stealer to get them to "re set" the mover, can I re set it ?? is it possible ?? is it rocket science ?? can a numpty like me do this thing please??

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Last edited:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
If the battery was flat for a year, then it's probably gone to the graveyard.

Movers need a lot of amps and only a good well charged battery will do. Does it click when they try and electrically move the rollers towards the wheels, or is it a manual type and they have wound the rollers to the wheels, and it clicks when they try and move.

Reset depends on type, most have a little reset button on the control box.

My guess is the battery is Caputo. :Doh:

Mike the ex tugger.:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
My neighbour had the same problem and after much frustration it turned out to be a poor leisure battery.
You can usually move the rollers on & off the wheel manually but you will need a small drill to turn the screw or you will take a week to move the rollers:Doh:

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
under the seats near to where the battery is located is a flat oblong control box which is screwed down. usually on the narrow side of of the box there is a hole with a reset button inside (glows red when tripped) press in and the control box is reset. The mover should work.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If the "Reset" button dont fix it... I think you will find it`s like trying to start a car with a naff battery...

Just get a click sound...

Cos they have a relay type thingy that shoots power to whatever wheel wants the most power when you press the throttle switch/button.. :Smile:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks all !! Hopefully one or other will be the solution !! :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If the click is from by the motors, its not tripped out...... either battery too weak even a fully charged 75amp may not be man enough or the roller bearings need greasing due to corrosion. just dont get grease on the face of the rollers

different makes have different ways of doing the same job, so a make and model will help

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm with Supermike on this....

a year with a flat battery :Eeek: the battery is shot and will never charge, even though it appears to its only a surface charge.

put a meter on it and try to operate the mover...the meter will show an extremely low voltage...if any at all.

Kasey

Free Member
Nov 10, 2011
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
since 2009
My neighbour had problems with hers. Turned out to be flat batteries in the remote.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
not conversant with these movers but noticed van had not been moved for approx 1 year, could brakes be stuck ,restricting movement thus putting strain on the movers motor.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nah.. Although the guy said it has 'not been moved', it had in fact been shunted around a garden from what I can make out :Smile:
Decent battery slapped on, reset button hit, job done :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back