Tudor Kentwell

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by JOHNSTEY, Jun 16, 2012.

1. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

We're off to take part in the largest Tudor recreation in the UK.Involving up to 600 people over three weeks it promises to be quite an experience.If you are nearby why not take a look.If you're interested in visiting Kentwell Hall, Clockhouse Farm at Glemsford is recommended as a nice site within a healthy walking distance.:thumb:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. BritStops

BritStops Trader BritStop Owner

So jealous! We'd love to take part, but there's always been something preventing us (this year it's attending motorhome shows!).

If anyone can get along, I'd heartily recommend it - it's truly an amazing experience.

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  3. sandyketton

sandyketton Read Only Funster

Looks interesting.
    Must be good as you are travelling quite some distance to attend.
    Are you part of the "actors"?
    I live around 10 miles away and will definitely visit some time during the three weeks.
    Glemsford is a nice village, with a few good pubs!

Sandy

4. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

Hi Sandy,
    I am originally from Groton so am 'playing' John Clopton of Groton 1502-1559 a gentleman and Steward in the household.It's our first time so will just have to see how we get on but everyone has been very helpful and friendly.:thumb:

5. J H

J H Funster

Just enjoy it

I've done lots of historial re-enacting over the last 30 years - not everything went smoothly but we managed not to let the 'punters' know when everything went [STRIKE]tit's up[/STRIKE] not quite according to plan.:BigGrin:

I was usually in the kitchens - hard work but ejoyable - and there were the cooks perks.:thumb: