Trying to set up Satellite for the first time

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Miczo, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Miczo

Miczo Read Only Funster

Hi guys, I'm very new to this and hoping someone here can help.

Having just bought our first motorhome we decided to get some TV going. We were kindly donated a satellite dish and an old Sky reciever so I thought it was all covered.

Aiming the dish has been fun, but I think I've got it. In the services menu the network ID is 0002 and the other number is 07d4, which I am led to believe is the Astra2 satellite, it also reports that it is locked.

The problem is that I can only get ITV1. A kind chap opposite us came over with his sat finder and gets the same problem.

I thought that for the Free to Watch channels - such as BBC, ITV and CH4 - no viewing card was needed....is this correct?

Please help - what am I doing wrong? Thank you.

2. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Miczo
    I will send you a private message.....Ok

Mel

Pm has been sent...Mel

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  3. Miczo

Miczo Read Only Funster

Hi Mel, thanks for that, I gave it a go last night - however as I'm parked up in a field without a scart lead I couldn't test it properly - I will do when I get home and let you know how I get on.

What happened when I did try it was that the orange, green and red light came on the box for about 10 mins - I guess it was downloading but I couldn't see a display on the tv to confirm this.

After it finished I thought we were laughing. The Sky intro channel came on and after a quick celebration I opened the TV guide and selected BBC...Unfortunately we were in a simiilar position, the only channels I can recieve are:
    ITV1, 2, and 3, Channel 4+1 (not channel 4), E4 and E4+1, Sky News and that's about it.

I was thinking that I may be pointing at the wrong satellite, but as I am getting 0002 and 07d4 I guess not. Out of interest the EPG software version is 3.5.3.

I will set up when I get home and try again, thanks again for your advice.