Fife scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built. Knaus.
Exp
Scince 2010
Hi guys...

Alex Black here...

During our travels in Spain recently (back home now) I managed to loose my little wallet from my body warmer pocket whilst cycling with my wife. We reported this to the police as required and carried on with our holiday / tour. Some days later we were approached by a chap and his girlfriend and a small child. He quickly asked me if my name was Alexander Black. !!! Right out of the blue. Sitting in a wilding spot on a very nice beach area. To say we were surprised by this is an understatement. He went on to tell us our 'passports had been found' ... We informed him we had not lost any passports but did loose a wallet.. What are the chances? He had been a few days on the same spot and was asking all the Brits if they were us. Then he / we got lucky. Complete flook if ever there was one.

Turned out my wallet had been handed in (very very rare apparently) to the Garda Civil and was awaiting our picking it up..

Just a short version of quite a good story. We picked up the wallet next day as it was not far back down the road. and lo and behold even the 150 or so Euro in it was completely intact. Turns out just about impossible to thank the finder. But just in case it was one of us? A BIG THANKS...

I would also like to thank the people on here who helped track us down too. I understand a few were involved and one guy even phone my son's house (Matt Booth??) he was under the impression we needed fast help to retrieve our ''lost passports''... lol...

So thanks to all who helped and managed to track down my sons tel number etc... He rang us right away and we were able to tell him we were fine and passports were not lost and indeed wallet was back with us.

Well done folks..... Good bit of detective work.

Alex & Carol Black..... ;-)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Given your home location did they also hand in yir lang spoon? Y'ill be loast withoot that.
;)(y):giggle::D2
Glad it's all sorted for yourselves.(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Lovely to see it all worked out . Good to know if an emergancy occurs help on the forum is available . (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back