Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some of you might have noticed that when you are reading a thread you have a button called "Display Modes" The modes here can really help with browsing threads, especially if they are long ones. When you click on "Display Modes" you will see a choice like this:

dis1.jpg

The default, the one you are used to, is Linear, that is every posts appears in one long line, latest first. This is great as the default and is best for short threads.

The third option is a full threaded mode, that is, you only see one post, but you can see a tree with all the posts, click on it and the one post you can see changes.

I tend to work in Hybrid mode which is the best of both worlds, I have all the posts in a line as normal, but I have a threaded "index" at the top so I can quickly move to any post in the thread. The Hybrid mode will look like the screenshot below. Give it a go, you might find you like it:thumb:

NB, DON'T use Threaded or Hybrid on really long threads like Word Association. If you do it will be VERY slow as the database tries to provide links to 1000s of posts and members etc

dishybrid.jpg

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thats really cool, Cheers Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Threading...

I gave up on the really useful threaded display because no-one understands how to post on one and the thread becomes a rat's nest.

Give some lessons in threading.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
i'm a member of several Yahoo 'groups' who must post in either the Threaded or Hybrid mode.............I HATE THEM :Angry:

Never sure if you should top or bottom post and if the thread runs to several gets very tiring trying to read what someone is trying to say :Sad:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
i'm a member of several Yahoo 'groups' who must post in either the Threaded or Hybrid mode.............I HATE THEM :Angry:

Never sure if you should top or bottom post and if the thread runs to several gets very tiring trying to read what someone is trying to say :Sad:

Stick with Linear then Pat, most people will:thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I started playing with the view as you suggested and then found I couldn't get back to the original :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have just sorted it out, during my playing around I had used the Ctrl key with the roller on my mouse (as suggested in an earlier thread) and inadvertently zoomed in to a different level than normal, hope that makes sense :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi,

I started playing with the view as you suggested and then found I couldn't get back to the original :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have just sorted it out, during my playing around I had used the Ctrl key with the roller on my mouse (as suggested in an earlier thread) and inadvertently zoomed in to a different level than normal, hope that makes sense :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes that's nothing to do with the forum, rather a "feature" of your browser. I never zoom as I am OK at reading backlit computer screens but I need bright light and long arms to read the newspaper, now if only the paper came with a zoom feature, I'd read more rubbish :Smile:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
If you think I an going to start messing with things you have to be joking, I have only just got it working. :Doh:

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back