trume water heter (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
water heater turns off trips out after abut 20min and is only getting the water look warm
this one is under the drivers seat and vents out of the roof don't know wat model as it is hidden by the seat any one know any thing abut them :thumb:

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you mean it trips the electric, it will be a heating element and or thermostat fault. it can sometimes be interesting changing the element as they seize in

the element is simply a small version of the immersion heater we all used to have in the house

if its switching off on gas, its got to be the thermostat and or control board. have you serviced it and cleaned out the burner since youve owned it? sounds like it may be pretty awkward under a drivers seat

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bill under the drivers seat and venting out of the roof just does not sound right -I know Truma's are known for low voltage from the battery or shorting out/bad earth
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Bill under the drivers seat and venting out of the roof just does not sound right -I know Truma's are known for low voltage from the battery or shorting out/bad earth
terry
lhd terry and the flue vents out through the roof it is going to be a bich to get to:cry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
lhd terry and the flue vents out through the roof it is going to be a bich to get to:cry:

Start by checking voltage that gets to the boiler then Bill --it's always worth a phone call to truma uk at derby and explain what is wrong -they are very good at diagnosing over the phone :winky:
terry

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Start by checking voltage that gets to the boiler then Bill --it's always worth a phone call to truma uk at derby and explain what is wrong -they are very good at diagnosing over the phone :winky:
terry
thanks terry it always beater to make sure it's full her in doors had used up all the water and forgot to tell me:Doh:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
terry never bothered much with stuff in the van till I got the engine sorted there is a switch thermostat type thing it says off summer winter watt is that for I havent rely bother with it and have just left it off

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We can always have a look at The Bring and Buy Music and Fixit Festival if you dont get sorted by then Bill!:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
terry never bothered much with stuff in the van till I got the engine sorted there is a switch thermostat type thing it says off summer winter watt is that for I havent rely bother with it and have just left it off
Often there are two settings Bill, (summer) where the water only is heated to 40 degrees, and (winter) where the water is heated to 60 degrees, and heating supplied to the van.

What model of Truma boiler is it, and what year is your MH? Our Truma C boiler takes around 30 to 40 mins to heat a full tank on the winter setting, but on the summer setting, it appears to take less time.

I hope this helps Bill, but without a model number or a photo, it's hard to assist from afar. :Sad:

You might need to organise another "Fix It" meet before the autumn sets in. :roflmto:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

P.S. If you had been going to Mick & Sheila's Misterton meet, (almost on your doorstep), we could have sorted it out there for you. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back