trumatic heater

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by freelanderuk, Aug 2, 2010.

1. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

We have a very annoying rattle from the heater , can anybody tell me how to get he front of his please

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

You don't mention model number Chris but for S3002/S3002P/S5002 the manual says:

"Pull the cover forward at the top, lift up the retaining springs and fold out cover forwards. If space is limited, lift the cover upwardfs and forwards, lift until the cover is released, then remove it."

Don't pull it too far out as there will probably be cables connected. If you don't pull it too far they won't have to be disconnected.

I have the 4 pages of the manual scanned so if you would like a copy please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them.

Graham

3. freelanderuk

i think its the 3002 heater , will give it a try now , have pm'd you my email thanks

4. freelanderuk

job done:Smile:, pulled forward and lifted of, the reflective ally plate at the back was all loose , tightened all the fixing screws and tightened the bower unit up , fingers crossed no rattles:Smile:
    thanks Graham got the manual

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Great. Glad to be able to help.

Graham

6. nannyjan

nannyjan Read Only Funster

Noisy Truma Heater

Hi, I have had the same problem and so I returned to Marquis and they told me all the fire rattle. But the engineer travelled in the back whilst I drove down a normal road and he confirmed that the rattling was excessive. The rattle was coming from the bottom area of the fire. On inspectiion there is a mud guard underneath the motorhome and this was loose and causing the excessive rattle. If your rattle still persists after all your attempts get it to a garage and have the mud guard checked underneath. The silence is bliss now as it certainly worked out for me. Take care and kind regards, Keep Smiling :BigGrin: Nanny Jan