Trumatic Fire - How Do You Remove The Cover? (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all
The fire in my van makes a racket when driving - I want to have a look and see if I can quieten it down.

I think most of the noise if coming from the horizontal bars/fins or whatever there called...I want to take it off to have a look but have failed at the first hurdle...How do I get the front cover off??

Not sure of the model but here is the actual heater I need to fix:

IMG_0026_zpszm4hqdqc.jpg

Any help appreciated

Richard

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Model is Truma S3002, to remove the front SHOULD simply involve pulling the top away from the wall then lifting up off the lower location lugs, disconnect the wiring plug from the fan control and lift out the gas control knob then lift the front cover away. I say SHOULD in capitals because some converters fit them badly and then install screws under the top cover to hold it in place so check for them first.

D.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Take a look between the top louvre and the underside of the top cover - on ours there was a small screw which had to be removed.
Took me more than a while (and a few choice words) to find it :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The way that I made one quieter a few years ago was to roll up some aluminium foil and wedge it between the electric element to stop it touching the casing.

Mike

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I took the front of mine off to change the battery in the automatic ignition no problem. Just a warning, putting it back on nearly resulted in me jumping up and down on it until a million pieces of debris lay at my feet. Hope you have more luck :mad:

homeontheroad

Free Member
Jul 13, 2018
Funster No
I needed to get into ours as well to clean all the dust that accumulates.. would this be a "male-designed system" gals? I've looked at things half the morning trying to see what to do and all that is said is to "pull front away", no mention of screws or rubber piece...Does that sound like a male instruction to you again? Like "how do you clean the gas parts of the griller and oven"? Nope, I don't suppose they thought of us women who actually don't want dust and soot accumulating.
Anyway, there's also a plastic/rubber piece right in the middle through the finn that you can push down with your finger while lifting the cover. Once you've got your outer frame clear of that, then you can pull it out and it will release enough so you can then unblock those side hooks.. and looky there I can now vacuume the dust, and I figured it all out by my little female self!

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Removed mine some time ago but it damaged the right side control rod ( bent rod ) the one with the blower and also the clips that hold it in bend easily .

Mine still works ok but the rod catches when turning the control knob

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
I've been through everything mentioned above and exhausted my encyclopedia of expletives. I have had to resort to putting two brackets under the top cover and screwing it to the wall. The noise mine made was similar to the a plumber throwing his tool bag out of the bathroom window everytime I went over a bump. The cause was the front part of the heater (not the front cover) making contact with the heating elements which were also loose on their resting brackets. I bent the clips that hold the elements so they didn't bounce about and then wedged a small metal tube between the fins on the heater and the aluminium back plate. Still not perfect but a massive improvement. Probably worth changing the battery while you have the front off and get the wife to hoover it clean, that's the most important thing.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
S
The way that I made one quieter a few years ago was to roll up some aluminium foil and wedge it between the electric element to stop it touching the casing.

Mike
Sounds like instant death to me:doh::Eeek:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We had these in caravans, swear I could hear them rattling from the towcar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back