Truma

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alcorn54, Jan 26, 2011.

1. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

Hi
    I know this topic has been on here a few times ,but my thermal release button keeps popping out under 7 deggrees. Is there anyway I can bypass this or fasten it in as I want to go away this weekend ,at the mo if my pump is pressurized it just pumps all water out through heater drain via said valve.

It currently wont re-set as its only 4 outside ,I have ran the warm air portion of the heater and it will close but after half an hour it dumps again as temperature drops. I think the only way it would stay in was if I left heating running full time even when driving?

Its the type with the knob on top you turn to 9 & 3 o'clock and hold button in on the back bottom ,Grey with blue knob..

Alan

2. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

The valve's purpose is to protect your boiler against frost damage so it should never be fixed in the closed position. When the heater is running the thermal drop out is over-ridden so it will stay closed.

Why not drain your boiler, turn off your water pump and only when you arrive on site reset it and turn on the pump?

D.

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi Alan

I don't know if it will work in your case, but it has a few times when I have been in the same position.

When filling play a low heat fan heater onto dump unit area to warm.
    When full of water turn on heater and water heater unit, this should warm unit.
    Once water is warm in the unit remove fan heater, and the warm water should keep the temp around the dump unit warm enough to stop dumping.

This has worked for me a couple of times once water is warm it should stop any problems by keeping the temp above dump level in that area.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  4. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

Thanks Ill try this until weather warms up a bit,and then keep water warm. Ill also not switch water pump on till i arrive at the lakes ,and then reheat using blow air
    heating. When up to temp ill reset button and switch hot water back on. as suggested by Dave above.

Thanks Alan:thumb:

5. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Hi, there are people willing to take a chance using a peg, but for later units Truma do mini heater element that sticks on the side of the valve and plugs into the main board. I think it cost me about £26 inc carriage and I've not had a water drop issue:Eeek: at temps well below zero:Smile:

Regards Richard