Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We had a new fan unit fitted a few years ago because of some electrical fault.
Now the new'ish fan runs fine most of the time but occasionally it makes a sort of vibrating/scrapping noise. When I turn it off and leave it for a few minutes it runs normally again.
Any suggestions?
Also does anyone know if there is a lubrication point for the fan?
I've checked to see if there is any debris/ dust or bits of leaf that may have got in there but can't see anything
Tia

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I've no specific information ,but what you are describing isn't uncommon on a lot of fans.. my wabesto diesel heater fan can start up like that from time to time.. along with house extractor fans... I think it is just a little axial play that allows some interference of the blades on the casing.. doubt there is scope for easy adjustment and lubrication..
Not much help but other than an exchange there's not a lot that you can easily do other than checking for dirt which you have done..
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is it a C6002 Combi? If so they are not supposed to need any servicing so I wouldn't think there are any lube points.

Worth taking it apart and having a look could be some de debris in there depends how easy it is to get at, Rapido have a habit of burying the heater and its a major job to get them out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back