Truma water heater (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My water heater appears to have stopped heating. When I turn it on the green light comes on & then after say 20 seconds goes out. doesn't turn red just goes out. I spoke to chap where I bought it & he suggested the solenoid valve ,which I had also seen references to online ,but I have been unable to find it.
I am told it should be visible but I cannot find it anywhere. Pipe does go behind fridge & I wondered if it is there? I have tried banging the pipe as suggested in case it is inside boiler casing & this appears to have done something because now when you turn on, the light goes green but on the pcb the light is flashing with like a piezo spark clicking noise but unfortunately it is still not lighting.
Boiler is a Truma 10 litre type: BO model B103. Yes it is original , 1989.:LOL:

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Unfortunately it never came with one ; nor have I a switch on the Kitchen window above & slightly to the side which is another thing that is possible to lock it out .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Ok ,Gus check out gas supply from bottle sometimes the regulator needs to be reset some have a little yellow button just push it in ,worth a try.

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I have been wondering about that as when it stopped working in the UK I didn't really have time to investigate. Shortly after it stopped working I then changed from spanish butane to UK propane & regulators as well & the propane one is adjustable. I have been wondering whether the pressure is too high , although I have tried it lower . perhaps I'll have to try it with a fixed butane regulator to see whether that is the problem now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back