Truma water heater

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by gus-lopez, Nov 5, 2014.

1. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

My water heater appears to have stopped heating. When I turn it on the green light comes on & then after say 20 seconds goes out. doesn't turn red just goes out. I spoke to chap where I bought it & he suggested the solenoid valve ,which I had also seen references to online ,but I have been unable to find it.
    I am told it should be visible but I cannot find it anywhere. Pipe does go behind fridge & I wondered if it is there? I have tried banging the pipe as suggested in case it is inside boiler casing & this appears to have done something because now when you turn on, the light goes green but on the pcb the light is flashing with like a piezo spark clicking noise but unfortunately it is still not lighting.
    Boiler is a Truma 10 litre type: BO model B103. Yes it is original , 1989.:LOL:

2. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hola,Gus Have you taken the plastic cover off the vent outside:rolleyes:

3. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Unfortunately it never came with one ; nor have I a switch on the Kitchen window above & slightly to the side which is another thing that is possible to lock it out .

4. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Ok ,Gus check out gas supply from bottle sometimes the regulator needs to be reset some have a little yellow button just push it in ,worth a try.

5. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

I have been wondering about that as when it stopped working in the UK I didn't really have time to investigate. Shortly after it stopped working I then changed from spanish butane to UK propane & regulators as well & the propane one is adjustable. I have been wondering whether the pressure is too high , although I have tried it lower . perhaps I'll have to try it with a fixed butane regulator to see whether that is the problem now.