Truma water heater again

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by movan, Jan 10, 2011.

1. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Staying at parents' and can't get home to the manual..

Whilst away at Ksbruce's birthday bash this weekend, my water heater would only work on the gas connection despite being on hook up. I suspect it must be a fuse which I havn't a clue where to look and how to check on this so that is a starter for ten please.... but my next question is what else should I look at to see if it working, if it turns out not to be a fuse? I DID have the water pump switched on (first time used it I didn't and wondered why it didn't work..:Blush:). Any help would be very much appreciated. (Also, would the fact that it was so cold have any effect on this?) Thank you in advance.

2. movan

Thanks for the pm and emails in response. Much appreciated.

However, Graham, has posted the following also, does anybody with an Eldiss know the answer please. Thank you.

According to my manual there is a fuse "on the electronic control unit on the water heater" but I don't know where, exactly, that would be.

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

there are a number of people with this problem and I suspect it being a switch setting problem rather than a fuse, you can't have all blown the fuse.

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Our Autoquest is a different model of van from Joy's but the electric switch for the water heater is a simple on/off one so not a lot to go wrong there.

The wiring diagrams I have indicate that the water heater is on the same circuit as at least some of the sockets but there is a fuse in the wiring between the "last" socket and the water heater.

My first reaction was that an overload might have tripped the circuit breaker protecting that circuit but Joys tells me only the water heater is not working, which would point to a fuse or the heater itself.

5. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Back of the water heater, there should be a flap that swings away. Beneath that, there is a reset button. Try that first!

Just below it, there is a black control box - just have a look around and make sure it is ok, and not melted in any way - they have a fault on these - usually to do with gas though.

There will be an inline fuse, just off the heater, and one in the power control panel.

6. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Joy, as you look at the heater you will see a triangular looking cover held in position by 1 /2 Phillips screws- undo this and lift top off, then pull up on side cover:thumb: this will expose the circuit board with a small fuse on it :thumb: You can also unclip the wires and remove the board for easy access to the fuse but be careful to clip it back in place correctly when refitting it :thumb:
    terry

7. movan

Thank you all. I will see what I can do.

It would help if it were easy to access .... I have to hang down the hole in the wardrobe floor and can't move about or see much down there!!!!!!

Will go and look for the flap at the back of the heater and the black box. and then the obscure fuse.

Joy x

8. laneside

laneside Funster

We have a better idea Joy.

Rally the others up that could not get out for the snow and lets all go towards Morecambe and suprise Ksebruce and I will sort your heater out whilst we are there:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Alan and Lynda

9. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

YESSSSSS Please :thumb:

10. movan

:BigGrin: That sounds purrrrrrrfeck. How long are you at Morecambe? :Smile:

11. laneside

laneside Funster

We are not at Morecambe Joy we came home today but suffering from withdrawl symptoms already:Eeek:

12. movan

:Rofl1:Oooops . sorry Alan. When are you thinking of going to Morecambe then? I might be able to go for the day. Will Skype you. :Smile:

13. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

I dont wish to state the obvious but please do not unscrew any electric cover with the power on........wait for somebody who knows what doing.

better to have no hot water than risk electric shock

14. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Joy
    I had a similar prob, The fuse I found to out of place (I say out of place as it was not blown but taking out and replacing got it working ) on the side at the top there is a removable cover flat on top and rear side, a bit awkward to pull off but it will do, If the board you reveal is lit up red that's the prob it should be green, fuse is removable from there to check, Hope this helps Pete :thumb::thumb:

15. Benni-Boy

Benni-Boy Read Only Funster

Hi, I had the same problem before christmas. Would only work on gas and not electric. Turned out to be the immersion heater. Fortunately the mobile caravan repair man had one in his van. Cost £50 for replacement and fitting.:thumb:

16. movan

Thanks Benni. Will bear that in mind when I try and sort it this weekend. :Smile: