LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Staying at parents' and can't get home to the manual..

Whilst away at Ksbruce's birthday bash this weekend, my water heater would only work on the gas connection despite being on hook up. I suspect it must be a fuse which I havn't a clue where to look and how to check on this so that is a starter for ten please.... but my next question is what else should I look at to see if it working, if it turns out not to be a fuse? I DID have the water pump switched on (first time used it I didn't and wondered why it didn't work..:Blush:). Any help would be very much appreciated. (Also, would the fact that it was so cold have any effect on this?) Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for the pm and emails in response. Much appreciated.

However, Graham, has posted the following also, does anybody with an Eldiss know the answer please. Thank you.

According to my manual there is a fuse "on the electronic control unit on the water heater" but I don't know where, exactly, that would be.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
there are a number of people with this problem and I suspect it being a switch setting problem rather than a fuse, you can't have all blown the fuse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our Autoquest is a different model of van from Joy's but the electric switch for the water heater is a simple on/off one so not a lot to go wrong there.

The wiring diagrams I have indicate that the water heater is on the same circuit as at least some of the sockets but there is a fuse in the wiring between the "last" socket and the water heater.

My first reaction was that an overload might have tripped the circuit breaker protecting that circuit but Joys tells me only the water heater is not working, which would point to a fuse or the heater itself.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Back of the water heater, there should be a flap that swings away. Beneath that, there is a reset button. Try that first!

Just below it, there is a black control box - just have a look around and make sure it is ok, and not melted in any way - they have a fault on these - usually to do with gas though.

There will be an inline fuse, just off the heater, and one in the power control panel.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Joy, as you look at the heater you will see a triangular looking cover held in position by 1 /2 Phillips screws- undo this and lift top off, then pull up on side cover:thumb: this will expose the circuit board with a small fuse on it :thumb: You can also unclip the wires and remove the board for easy access to the fuse but be careful to clip it back in place correctly when refitting it :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you all. I will see what I can do.

It would help if it were easy to access .... I have to hang down the hole in the wardrobe floor and can't move about or see much down there!!!!!!

Will go and look for the flap at the back of the heater and the black box. and then the obscure fuse.

Joy x

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thank you all. I will see what I can do.

It would help if it were easy to access .... I have to hang down the hole in the wardrobe floor and can't move about or see much down there!!!!!!

Will go and look for the flap at the back of the heater and the black box. and then the obscure fuse.

Joy x

We have a better idea Joy.

Rally the others up that could not get out for the snow and lets all go towards Morecambe and suprise Ksebruce and I will sort your heater out whilst we are there:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Alan and Lynda

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have a better idea Joy.

Rally the others up that could not get out for the snow and lets all go towards Morecambe and suprise Ksebruce and I will sort your heater out whilst we are there:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Alan and Lynda

YESSSSSS Please :thumb:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:ROFLMAO:Oooops . sorry Alan. When are you thinking of going to Morecambe then? I might be able to go for the day. Will Skype you. :Smile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I dont wish to state the obvious but please do not unscrew any electric cover with the power on........wait for somebody who knows what doing.

better to have no hot water than risk electric shock

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Joy
I had a similar prob, The fuse I found to out of place (I say out of place as it was not blown but taking out and replacing got it working ) on the side at the top there is a removable cover flat on top and rear side, a bit awkward to pull off but it will do, If the board you reveal is lit up red that's the prob it should be green, fuse is removable from there to check, Hope this helps Pete :thumb::thumb:

Benni-Boy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
Hi, I had the same problem before christmas. Would only work on gas and not electric. Turned out to be the immersion heater. Fortunately the mobile caravan repair man had one in his van. Cost £50 for replacement and fitting.:thumb:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Benni. Will bear that in mind when I try and sort it this weekend. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back