Oct 24, 2013
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi.

I've just picked up our first motorhome and have a real newbie question!

I have a control like the one shown in the photo, what does this do? I'm assuming this might be a heating system? Is it an alternative to using the gas heating? I've turned it on and all it does is blow cold air out. Some advice would be really helpful as I'm not having much luck! Thanks :)

Last edited:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Mmmmmmm interesting photo.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

paulweller84

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Don't know what happened with that photo first time! Tried doing it from my phone, worked a lot better on the laptop! :Doh:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It looks like the control for the blown air heating...
Once you have the gas fire on and running this will blow air around the van through vent holes that you will find.. With no fire on you will of course get cold air as you have found out..:winky:

Be aware these blowers take a bit of power, maybe a couple of amps..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jools66

Free Member
Jul 5, 2011
Fulltime Devon/Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
FT since 04/12
Had a similar setup in last van (Autotrail) but it was built into the gas fire.

The knob with the numbers is a thermostat, like a heating system at home, 1 cool - 5 hottest. If you push the switch to the top position the fans will blow non stop if switched to the A (AUTO) position then they are controlled by the thermostat and when your area gets to the temp you set (1-5) they will stop until the temp drops.

You may be able to run your fire/blown air heating on 240v as well as gas, depends on the model.

Hope that helps:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Had a similar setup in last van (Autotrail) but it was built into the gas fire.

The knob with the numbers is a thermostat, like a heating system at home, 1 cool - 5 hottest. If you push the switch to the top position the fans will blow non stop if switched to the A (AUTO) position then they are controlled by the thermostat and when your area gets to the temp you set (1-5) they will stop until the temp drops.

You may be able to run your fire/blown air heating on 240v as well as gas, depends on the model.

Hope that helps:thumb:

Nearly correct but the dial is not a thermostat its a fan speed control for when the manual position is selected (switch up). This is the older style of blown air unit as fitted to the convector model of heater, now called the 3002. Later models have the control built into the fire surround top plate.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back