Truma v Alde Heating (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Which do you prefer and what do you think are the advantages/disadvantages .
Have you any gripes about your system.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Alde" for me,,,, first van we have ever had with it.. brilliant all round warmth..

Elec, 3 heat settings, 1, 2, & 3 KW... and/or gas... we use both to get it up to temp quickly then knock the gas off... when on EHU..

When we left it on at night the first time it got to warm in bed,,,,, then read the manual and found a thermostat separate from the rest of the M.home... and set that on low for the Bedroom radiators..

No motor noise, and the added bonus of a twin fan under one of the seats that boost`s it round your feet..

And being twin floored all the under floor area`s have long radiators and a huge one in the garage..

Win`s hands down every time for us against the Blown Air Type.. and noise.. :xThumb:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
"Alde" for me,,,, first van we have ever had with it.. brilliant all round warmth..

Elec, 3 heat settings, 1, 2, & 3 KW... and/or gas... we use both to get it up to temp quickly then knock the gas off... when on EHU..

When we left it on at night the first time it got to warm in bed,,,,, then read the manual and found a thermostat separate from the rest of the M.home... and set that on low for the Bedroom radiators..

No motor noise, and the added bonus of a twin fan under one of the seats that boost`s it round your feet..

And being twin floored all the under floor area`s have long radiators and a huge one in the garage..

Win`s hands down every time for us against the Blown Air Type.. and noise.. :xThumb:

All of above, but we have an older Alde, 2008 spec Hymer, pump is mounted in garage under bed and is noisy enough to wake me at night

But heating very effective, would not go back to blown air from choice :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Blown air good and I could pick up the whole system with one hand. And I've modified it adding an extra duct with ease.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
:xThumb::xThumb:

What he said, got the same system fantastic.(y)

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
We're away at the moment. Have Alde with heat exchanger off the engine when travelling. Keeps the van very cosy. Fan under front seats that circulates eliminating cold spots. It's a real home from home with garage and double floor nice and warm. On electric at the moment 2kw no problem. You have to allow time to heat up from cold but then keep temperature constant. Set timer to allow temp to drop overnight and then to warm up in the morning. Will report back later in the week.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Alde for us. Had 2 tuggers and now the Motorhome. Would not have any other and that fact dictated which M/home we chose. Never a problem with any of the Alde's. Minus 12 is lowest we have been in and still cosy!
:cool::xcool:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Alde is brilliant but beware of the "radiators". They have viciously sharp edges and are often to be found hiding in the dark behind cupboard doors where you least expect them to be. If you touch them expect blood!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back