Truma Ultrastore

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Maggot, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Maggot

Maggot Funster

I have a Truma Ultrastore in my 2001 Bessacarr E745, it was working fine until I replaced the kitchen tap! It now keeps clicking, as if trying to re-in-gnite, does anyone have suggestions as to what might be the cause?

Sue

2. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Sounds like the gas isn't getting through. Are you sure you haven't run out? :BigGrin:

Ivy

3. Maggot

Maggot Funster

Plenty of gas, fridge and hob working ok.

4. Melian

Melian Funster

Hi Sue,

Check that the outside cover is not on,

Ian

5. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

should be no connection between the tap and the boiler so it shouldn't be anything to do with the tap replacment. are you actually trying to light the boiler on gas or is it just making the clicking noise, if it's just making the clicking noise are you sure you havn't accidently turned the boiler on at the gas switch and it hasn't lit, if you are trying to use gas then as has been said have you left the flue cover on it shouldn't light with the flue cover on but on the off chance it does you will here a loud bang and find the flue cover about 50 yards away from the van.

6. Phill D

Phill D

had a similar problem on last van worked on something neer the fire and kept clicking.... it seemed i had somehow leaned on the knob which you press to ignite and turn on the gas flow and it had stuck down a fraction:Doh:. worth a check!

7. Maggot

Maggot Funster

Hi Guys
    Thanks for your replies, yes the flue cover is off, and am actually trying to light the heater as opposed to it just making clicking noises. It lights for a few minutes and then start clicking, as if flame has gone out. I know there is no logical connection(other than being on the same water system!) between this and replacing the kitchen tap, just seemed odd that it was working ok before.
    Sue