Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
My Eldiss has one of these boilers fitted in the base of the wardrobe, with the vent out of the side. When I run the taps Ive noticed that there is water dripping out of the vent .Ive checked for leaks and cannot find anything,and everything seems to be working O K.
Can anyone throw any light on this. Chris

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
My Eldiss has one of these boilers fitted in the base of the wardrobe, with the vent out of the side. When I run the taps Ive noticed that there is water dripping out of the vent .Ive checked for leaks and cannot find anything,and everything seems to be working O K.
Can anyone throw any light on this. Chris

Sounds like expansion leakage. This is usually dealt with by an expansion vessel, or an air bubble in the tank. I know nothing about the Truma heater specifically, but there is a good likelihood that it has either a broken expansion vessel or its air bubble has dissolved away and needs reestablishing.

OP
OP
P

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Thought it may be something like that,typical just before we are due to go away,will have to live with it for now then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
The outlet on the outside at the bottom of the vent is only there to allow any condensation to escape, if it is more than a few drips then I would say that the boiler tank has a leak, mine was around the top edge where it rests on the casing, but I have also known of it happening around the top (hot) outlet this happened to one of mine and believe me it was near impossible to spot only the water marks gave it away it was only like a pin prick but enough to leak when heated up. unfortunately to even get to the tank the whole unit needs to be removed and totally stripped out. The only other place I can think of where you might have a leak is where the 240v element is fixed into the side of the boiler this is reasonably easy to get at and worth checking first.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
This might help you out a bit Link Removed
as you will see the tank and burner assembly are mounted within another steel casing which doesn't help when looking for leaks,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back