truma ultrastore rapid

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by chaser, Feb 17, 2013.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

Hi all
    New on here but not to camper vans and motorhomes, done it most of my life but mainly in old ones I keep going by myself. But now I am retired thought I would go modern and bought a compass avantgarde. Now the reason I am posting on here is I have a bit of a niggle with the water heater which works fine except for a drip out of the vent pipe in a morning , maybe a pint every two hours, if you run the hot tap it stops and useing it through the day it doesnt drip again but it will be dripping again next morning even with the burner switched off. Is this normal , if not , what do I need to do to stop it.
    Thanks chaser

2. Ash

Ash Trader - Service & Repairs Life Member

Sounds like your none return valve is not working :thumb:
    If you need advice give me a call tomorrow
    Ash tel 07976167477 :thumb:

3. chaser

chaser Funster

Cheers mate, thought so but not having anything to do with these type of boilers thought i'd ask someone that knows before I messed with it.
    Thanks
    Chaser

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Faulty non return valve (the red bit on the ho water outlet at top of boiler. Not an expensive part but make sure you get the right one as there are two types. One has a john guest push in fitting for the hot water pipe and the other has a ribbed spigot to go into the hot water hose with a jubilee clip to hold it on.

D.

5. chaser

chaser Funster

Hi Guys
    First thing this morning , ordered new fitting, went to get old one off, guess what , just a little rubber valve with a bit off muck stuck in it, cleaned it up , not a speck of water comeing out.:Doh:. Still got a spare now if it goes wrong.
    Thanks again for your help
    chaser