TrUma ultrastore rapid problems (1 Viewer)

Compass Clive

Free Member
Aug 7, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
I am new to this site so bare with me....
I have just bought a compass advantgaurde 400 RL 04 plate, fitted with an ultrastore rapid,
My problem is that when I charge the boiler with water and go through the process of purging the system the whole water tank discharges through the
Ventilation hose on the boiler which makes sence as the boiler is lower than the storage tank
It just syphones out of the boiler.
I am probably missing something as I don't have a handbook yet. Is there an anti-syphones valve that may be faulty or am I missing something?.
Any advice would be apreciated...

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Yes like Terry said its the dump valve needs closing. Pete

Ps there should be the instructions in your paperwork.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Compass Clive

Free Member
Aug 7, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Ok I have tried the reset on the valve but it is still siphoning out, maybe the valve is faulty I shall order a replacement and update the thread accordingly.
Thanks lads for the input.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ok I have tried the reset on the valve but it is still siphoning out, maybe the valve is faulty I shall order a replacement and update the thread accordingly.
Thanks lads for the input.
Try lifting the valve lever fully and putting a cloths peg round the exposed spindle.

that way it wont work at all....even when it freezes....but will get you going for now

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there is also a fusible valve that releases the water if it overheats. this is the red bit at the boiler end of the tube and needs replacing if it leaks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Compass Clive

Free Member
Aug 7, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Well I have tried replacing the valve from my old motorhome and the problem is still there, and have checked the ventilation hose for the fusable plug and it isn't there so that my be my problem, my parts book dosent show it, will try truma tomorow for the spares thanks again.

OP
OP
C

Compass Clive

Free Member
Aug 7, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Truma

Thanks for all your help I have found the problem, the unit has a top 10mm elbow fitted to the boiler,but it's the wrong one.. It should have an elbow with an integrated breather valve and the elbow fitted don't have one.
My next nightmare is finding. A good PDF down load that will show the correct part. Again thanks to all...

OP
OP
C

Compass Clive

Free Member
Aug 7, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Can't thank you all enough got my parts from there and am all set up.
Any time I can return the compliment just ask, mean while I shall keep one eye on the technical board.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back