Truma Trouble

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by RoadstarLost, Jan 21, 2010.

1. RoadstarLost

RoadstarLost Read Only Funster

Can anyone please suggest where I can get my Truma water heater fixed? I am near Cheltenham with a leaking water heater after being frozen up in France. I cant even get the unit out of the van, is it fixed from outside maybe, at the vent? If I could find the leak, I might be able to repair it? Any suggestions would be most gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

2. madbluemad

madbluemad

Try Motorhome medics, they are in Cheltenham

Jim
    :Smile:

Telephone

0044 (0)1452 856856

Mobiles/Cells

Darren 07791 130888
    Martin 07976 414551

3. artona

artona

Not sure how far you are from Truma HQ near Derby but we went straight to them when we had a problem. Previously a dealer had quoted £400, Truma did the repair for £35, took them 2 hours whilst we enjoyed lunch in their staff restaurent

stew

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

That sounds the best option, go to the makers, well worth the time and diesel!

Peter

5. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

heater

hi, sorry about news, take the white cover off, outside this is, then the screws holding unit in place, sometimes an odd placed screw making 5, , from inside remove silver cover if you can, it makes life easier, remove both inlet and outlet water pipes, and the gas at junction, you may have a plug for electrics ,dont mean to be rude, but i drew a picture under the seat,, for electric, and water ,was i glad i did,, when i put it back,, slide whole thing out, needs 1 in , 1 out but its not heavy,, on the end of tank the end farthest in to van,, you will find a stupid little nut,, right in centre, on this fits a small washer,, bet this has split, they wear very easy,, my friend was quoted 350 for this job,, not all the jews live in israel, and i am not a mechanic,, but did this so easy,, went to a motor factors, and took old rubber washer/seal,they matched it up, 40 p,
    when you put it back, dont over tighten, i stood mine up, filled it with water and did it up till water stopped dripping out,,, that was 2 years ago, mind you its leaked ever since,,,,, no sorry, it has been fine,, i wish you well, it realy is not that hard,

regards, froghopper
    p s, bet someone on here lives close enough to give a hand :thumb::thumb:

6. madbluemad

madbluemad

Just make sure he/she isnt a Jew then eh

Jim
    :Doh:

7. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

playing the race card

as i get up very early,, does that make me the morning dew :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: