Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
Hi all just need to ask if anybody knows of a company that sells 100 watt panels that are fitted with mc3 connectors? I have a truma one fitted on my pvc and need to fit another one but can't get anybody to just supply the panel,they say I would have to buy the complete system!? Any help appreciated

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You most probably won't get a panel supplied with mc3 connectors.. as far as I know they are old style connectors and the newer mc4 would be more likely now..
You could buy mc4's and change the existing mc3''s.
There are loads of suppliers of panels so sourcing a panel shouldn't be a bother .. just check it's voltage and current rating are similar to the existing panel... that would be just good practice... perhaps not critical. .
Andy

OP
OP
S

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
Thanks for the quick reply can't understand why truma are using this connector
It was fitted as standard to my new Pcv last may by the converter so I know it's new stock as my relation has the same van only six months older and the vans are built to order
Stuart

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi all just need to ask if anybody knows of a company that sells 100 watt panels that are fitted with mc3 connectors? I have a truma one fitted on my pvc and need to fit another one but can't get anybody to just supply the panel,they say I would have to buy the complete system!? Any help appreciated
How about fitting an MC3 to MC4 adaptor, then a regular MC4 splitter?

Link Removed

OP
OP
S

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
Thanks that was my next thought, but just wondered if they still made them before going down the suggested route ?

Stuart

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back