Truma S3002P - not staying alight (1 Viewer)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Just got our new (to us) motorhome and found a problem with the Truma S3002P heater.
Press and turn the gas control knob to maximum and press the ignition button. The pilot lights instantly and held for up to a minute. Let it go and it goes out instantly. Main flame does not kick in at all, not that it should do until the gas control is released (I think).
Anyone confirm what the problem is?
Thanks

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I think I may have found the problem...and it looks like you are right. It does look like the thermocouple, as in the photos. It is well frayed and separated half way along. While I have got it all out I will clean up the jets, etc. Strangely enough I only had a parcel from them yesterday...the heater element supplementary kit at £238 as there was no element in the heater.
Thanks for the advise.
PC061100.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
@JaG My apologies, never seen a heater one with a braided covering, although our hob does have HT type ones to each burner, good to get to the bottom of it though (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
@JaG My apologies, never seen a heater one with a braided covering, although our hob does have HT type ones to each burner, good to get to the bottom of it though (y)
I have had loads of these heaters over the last 41 years of caravanning/motorhoming and I have never seen a braided one either, though by the look of it it is original from 2002.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back