Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Good afternoon everyone,
Having had problems with my Truma Heater on and off for the last year and a half, I finally went to the Truma Factory near Derby today, and had the heater checked over by one of their Service Engineers.
Basically, he found nothing wrong with the heater, however, he asked me where the chimney extension for it was. I told him that I never had the extension supplied with the Motorhome. To cut the long story short, the heater keeps extinguishing once lit. At first, I never encountered this problem, then it just kept cutting out. Took it to the Dealer where I bought the MH ( second hand, may I add ) who could find nothing wrong. Went over to France and Spain in FEB/ March Heater kept going out. Took it to a Dealer in Berck in France, who got it going again. Don't know what he did, because my Technical French isn't that good, but I understood that there was a blockage somewhere. Anyway, the Heater worked for about a month, but started playing up again. I was told by the Truma Engineer today, that due to the height of the M/H being higher at the front ( it has an Over Cab Bed) the wind turbulence causes a vacuum in the chimney, sucking the air out, if that's possible. Drove home from Truma, (with the extension off ) tried the fire without the extension, and the heater kept going out. Screwed the extension on, and the heater stayed lit !!!!! Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just me??? I was advised not to travel with the extension in place, as high winds while on the Motorways/Roads could cause the extension pipe to snap off. This is all very strange to me. My biggest problem is , " How the hell do I get up there to screw the extension on and off before and after driving everyday? There must be an easier way, surely, especially as I have no room to carry a ladder. Any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
BillyS

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Cannot believe that is the cause. There must be a way to fix chimney in place all the time. Not a very good design from a major company

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back