Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have a truma heater/ boiler, elec & gas model. When gas only is selected it faults to a red light and shuts down after 10 or so minutes, anyone any idea what may be wrong, please ??

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Glynn

I'm not being funny, have you got gas?

Is the gas supply tap turned on?

I recall an earlier model we had, had an ignition system which was powered by two AAA batteries in a small box to one side of the boiler, could need replacing.

Or, are all your 12 volt fuses in good working order, as it sounds like the ignition system is failing, or the thermocouple.

Good luck:thumb:

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Hi Glynn,

I nearly posted an identical query yesterday until I realised I had run out of gas! Have you checked that the exit vent is clear and not blocked, even left a winter cover on, I've nearly done that myself in the past. Also if your hot air outlets are shut that can sometimes cause a cut out.
Hope you get it sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Gas is ok as cooker & fridge are working good. No batteries in it I dont think. It runs well for 10 - 20 mins before faulting.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Gas is ok as cooker & fridge are working good. No batteries in it I dont think. It runs well for 10 - 20 mins before faulting.

Have you removed cover from exhaust

OP
OP
G

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I removed the outside flue end to check for a blockage but nothing. Its now been running for 1/2 hour without faulting but i expect it to fail soon.

OP
OP
G

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have checked the wiring to the 12v/gas side and "wiggled" it all & it's worked OK for a couple of hours, so I think if there is a fault it must a simple one - well hopefully !.

But - another question, in the manual it says the heater ( Truma C 6002 EH ) has an electrical drain valve, I assume it's the usual one with the red push/pull button on top. well I can't find it anywhere but what I have found is a through the floor blue tap which is connected into the water pump pipework etc AND with one pipe going to the heater, again pipe in blue. If I open this tap water emits from under the van and if the pump power is on, it pumps it from the van. With the pump off it slows right down. I can only assume this drains the heater ??.
The van is an Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE, 2006 reg.

Please help.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Glynn your assumptions are correct :thumb: but if it comes down to a loose wire it may prove difficult to find ::bigsmile: check all connections etc as truma boilers are very susceptible to any voltage drop :winky:could be a bad earth etc
terry

OP
OP
G

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks, but this heater drain valve is worrying me, the manual says there is one but I can't find it .

OP
OP
G

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No it's definetely not got one, on reshearching it seems some didn't have the elec valve but just a manual tap instead and they then made a powerless valve as below.
Mine in the manual tap.

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 13

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Then I think you have already found it :thumb: the one you describe as -If I open this tap water emits from under the van and if the pump power is on, it pumps it from the van. With the pump off it slows right down.
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back