bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
We have the van all snug and hooked up outside with the heating on low and working fine.
I have just been out to check it and when I ran the pump the tell tale tinkling of water outside happened. ie the popper has popped.
My question is what if we are out this weekend and its cold we can keep the heating on no problem but how can you keep your water supply?
Is it a case of some sort of heater in the popper cupboard!

Cheers

May 22, 2008
Funster No
The auto water dump valve automatically opens at low temperature and dumps the water from the boiler to protect it from freezing, but you knew that, So how are you heating the van now, is it with an independant heater? If you are running the blown air there should be enough heat in the cupboard to prevent the valve from opening, and if you run the gas water heating for a while the valve will not open and dump the water as the temperature in the cupboard will be high enough to prevent this,:winky::winky:

Upvote 0

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
I seem to remember that some people hold it closed with a peg to stop this happening

Alan H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
The auto water dump valve automatically opens at low temperature and dumps the water from the boiler to protect it from freezing, but you knew that, So how are you heating the van now, is it with an independant heater? If you are running the blown air there should be enough heat in the cupboard to prevent the valve from opening, and if you run the gas water heating for a while the valve will not open and dump the water as the temperature in the cupboard will be high enough to prevent this,:winky::winky:

Agree with above if water is warm I know ours will not pop, as the spot it is in stays too warm, if heating in use air transport pipes run near pump and valve and keep it warm no problems

Dave:winky::winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
ours is behind an external door,perhaps i need to have some more lagging on the door and less on the hot air pipes.
Thanks for your help folks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back