Truma Heater

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by bill2b, Dec 15, 2009.

1. bill2b

bill2b Read Only Funster

We have the van all snug and hooked up outside with the heating on low and working fine.
    I have just been out to check it and when I ran the pump the tell tale tinkling of water outside happened. ie the popper has popped.
    My question is what if we are out this weekend and its cold we can keep the heating on no problem but how can you keep your water supply?
    Is it a case of some sort of heater in the popper cupboard!

Cheers

2. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

The auto water dump valve automatically opens at low temperature and dumps the water from the boiler to protect it from freezing, but you knew that, So how are you heating the van now, is it with an independant heater? If you are running the blown air there should be enough heat in the cupboard to prevent the valve from opening, and if you run the gas water heating for a while the valve will not open and dump the water as the temperature in the cupboard will be high enough to prevent this,:Wink::Wink:

3. Fatalhud

Fatalhud Read Only Funster

I seem to remember that some people hold it closed with a peg to stop this happening

Alan H

4. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Agree with above if water is warm I know ours will not pop, as the spot it is in stays too warm, if heating in use air transport pipes run near pump and valve and keep it warm no problems

Dave:Wink::Wink:

5. bill2b

bill2b Read Only Funster

ours is behind an external door,perhaps i need to have some more lagging on the door and less on the hot air pipes.
    Thanks for your help folks