Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi

It works fine on gas and the fan is working perfectly, just no heat on EHU.
It's not the end of the world since we do have a little fan heater.

Ivy

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
If you have it on ehu the fan cools the warm air so it is not advisable to have it running, just have the heater on:thumb::thumb::thumb:Cheers Rob W

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yes to Mixter, I do have it on leccy setting. Honestly, do you think I'm a daft nellie? I might be sometimes but not at the moment.

And Rob, I'm a bit confused now. Why have a fan if it cools the warm air? I thought it was suppose to circulate the warm air. The fan circulates the gas-warmed air ok. I wonder if an element or something needs replacing and if we should take it to a Truma agent.

Ivy

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
If you have it on ehu the fan cools the warm air so it is not advisable to have it running, just have the heater on:thumb::thumb::thumb:Cheers Rob W

We have had similar, its great (the ehu) till you put the fan on. The advice is leave it on for 15 minutes before putting the fan on, we left it longer and the fan driven air soon goes from warm to cool, much better heating from just the heater alone when on leccy (in fact it gets so warm sometimes you need to turn it off). Fan is fine with gas heating. I have not asked the dealer about this yet, busy sorting other niggles.

Why/how this is the case I have no idea - seems illogical - but reality can be sometimes.:Confused:

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Thanks for that. I'll try and give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Ivy

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
It would help to know which type of Truma heater you have. As far as I know only the S type heaters can be used on electric without the fan running.

D.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
heater

Hi Grumps is right on the money with this, we use ours just the same, turn heater on at it`s highest setting for 15/20 mins and then turn the blower on we tend to run the fan around number 3 that gives a lovely warm back ground heating.
We also don`t have all the vents open. :thumb:

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Well thanks to everybody. I tried it yesterday without the fan and it worked perfectly.

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back