Truma heater problem (1 Viewer)

wanderer999

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
Our Trumatic S3002 [should read "TrAumatic" its bloody freezing :hug:but we have ways round that::bigsmile:] has packed up..

A few days ago the spark became intermittent, last night it failed altogether, so no heating.
Changed battery, still nothing , all the wiring seems to be OK and cannot think of anything else, gas is flowing OK.
As its Sunday another chilly night in store, maybe:winky:
Question is , what will need replacing ? the battery housing or igniter? any idea's folks on what is the usual problem.

Thanks
Wanderer 999 [still wandering and enjoying it :thumb:]

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

When I had problems it turned out to be something bridging the gap, so no spark.

Could also be igniter moved position gap too big.

Or faulty igniter.

Hope its not too cold.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am having the exact same problem with my Trauma 5002 in a Hymer 660S (1987) so I will watch this thread with great interest!

The moment the weather gets better I will check the gap as Desco suggests...

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Question is , what will need replacing ? the battery housing or igniter? any idea's folks on what is the usual problem.

Thanks
Wanderer 999 [still wandering and enjoying it :thumb:]

Hi Wanderer 999

It could relate to a few problems but why not contact Truma direct - you will get some answers here. Very helpful people too.

Link for contact details below

http://www.trumauk.com/contact.asp

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
I dont know what your heater looks like, is there a flame inspection window you could remove and light it with a taper ? i know it wont solve your problem but at least you'l be warm.

John

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
When I first had to replace the batteries in the plastic box I found the same problem.
In my case the batteries were not making contact with the rigid wire in the battery box.
The original batteries had longer positive "heads" than the replacements!

First fix was some silver foil between the battery and the contact until I got home and could bent the contacts into a better position.
I would guess that if there is no clicking then no power is getting to the ignitor unit so the batteries are not making contact OR you may have brushed the supply wire off at one end or the other when replacing the batteries.
Other thought is duff replacement batteries!!

First step is to make sure you are getting power from the battery box to the igniter using a meter or just a little light bulb.
If not, see above.
If power is getting to the igniter then end of my expertise I am afraid apart from 'whisker' of carbon bridging the gap as mentioned by others.

Good luck and keep warm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
I've just thought of another reason it may not be working, if the screw holding the ignitor to the chasis has come loose it may not work as some ignitors use this as the earth.

John

OP
OP
W

wanderer999

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the replies.
Today we called into Southern Motorhomes at Maidenhead, they were extremely helpful so a big thanks to them also.
Their mechanic also changed the battery ...same non result.
He also told us to be careful with the unit that holds the battery as it could give you a nasty kick ! :Eeek:it did to him whilst he was looking at it.Apparently 15000v lurk in there:whatthe:
He took a unit from another motorhome and that did not work either, so its down to the igniter.that comes in at a hefty £7+ :winky:and with a new O ring for the flue at £1 something its not going to work out that expensive.
They ordered the new parts for us and we will have them fitted as soon as they arrive, in the meantime we will stop at relatives for electric :Blush: for our small fan heater. Then its off to the Norfolk coast again, lovely winter beaches:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back