Truma gas regulators (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just got back from a trip during which the gas reg blocked completely... Ended up having to go to a Dutch camper shop and buy a standard regulator that screwed straight from the bottle and joined to the copper gas pipe with a braided steel pipe once I had removed the offending 30mb reg.. Any ideas where to get the cheapest replacement ????? They wanted 135 Euros
in Holland... I know there is history with these things blocking, but mine was mounted very high on the bulkhead and had an elbow as well.. Bu**er... Mitch.. :Sad:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Never could understand how Truma got away with supplying basically the whole of the EU motorhome / caravan market from around 2003 onwards with a product ( 30mb bulkhead regulators) which after a few months was known to have a potential fault, their answer to the problem after a good few years, create and market a filter so the customer has to pay to prevent a problem that had never existed before. Personally I saw nothing wrong with the old method of having the right regulator fitted on the bottle seems a lot safer to me and considerably cheaper with no need for those high pressure pigtails. As for the high pressure pigtails if they split or fracture you have the complete contents of the bottle escaping at very high pressure a potential flame thrower, much prefer the old method that used bottle mounted regulators most of which have to sense a slight back pressure to allow the gas through, if the pipe from the regulator splits the worst that would happen is a purge of gas at low pressure for a few seconds at most.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Many thanks for the Ebay link Big 1.. The new one arrives Tuesday (free post ).. I agree with all you say Full timer, I had a Truma reg LEAK on the last van and luckily smelt it when stood outside the van on our way to Dover for a trip to France.. Had it replaced and sent the bill to Truma, WHO PAID UP !!!!! but those times are over now, so I wont even try.. That was 2010. All the best and thanks again.. Mitch.. :thumb:

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Gas reguiators.

HI my brother had the same problem and we found replacements at Fes Gas it.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back