Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Yo All

Having a long weekend away in Edinburgh (CC site very nice and reasonable at £15.30 per night) Woke up yesterday to find gas bottle empty? I'm sure it was almost full but its been in storage for 5 weeks so put it down to a senior moment.

Changed onto new cylinder and thought nothing of it, gas bottle found to be empty this morning that really concerned me. purchased a replacement on site. Hooked it up and had a good check around found the small yellow vent plug on the side of the bulkhead mounted Truma regulator leaking badly. I'm guessing this is a "tell tale" and indicates a diaphragm failure, anyone had one fail, MH only 14 months old, phoned dealer but they only warranty regulators for 12 month's?

Will try and get a replacement at Knowepark tomorrow failing that its home sooner than expected.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Mine packed up just stopped letting gas through I think Truma keep blaming everyone else IH paid for mine by refund as I was in the south on holiday my van in its second year.Its a disgrace that Truma are supplying these things that do not work for long.You should get on to your dealer make them pay for it to be fixed as not fit for purpose they have been failing for years and still are

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, get another, :Smile: but If I was you I would phone Truma UK and complain and odds are they will tell you to send it back and replace it. ::bigsmile:

A lot of people have had this problem, and its worth a phone call. ::bigsmile:

Link Removed

They exchanged one of ours, that was blocked with an oily substance, :RollEyes: some say its using autogas / lpg, some say its using rubber hoses, we have been doing this for five years. :Doh:

Funny because we still use autogas / lpg and still have the same rubber hoses two years on, and this ones not blocked.

Anyway they sent another one free of charge so we have a spare. :thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
ours did the same thing in france, we found a french caravan dealer who sold us a german made regulator for 26 euros, when we got back to the uk i returned the faulty one to the dealer as the van was under warranty, he opened a draw with about a dozen regs in it and gave us one, with the comment," truma regs are c**p i would keep the german one in if i was you " ....:whatthe:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Called at Knowepark (Livingstone, Scotland) they suggested I fit a Gaslow 300 regulator (not cheap at £75) but warrnty for 5 years new Truma £52.85 12 month warranty, both can no doubt be bought cheaper on net but when your in a corner touring its a no brainer.

Anyways went for the Gaslow regulator as I eventually intend to go for the full Gaslow system, anyone have any suggestions as to the best deals?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Called at Knowepark (Livingstone, Scotland) they suggested I fit a Gaslow 300 regulator (not cheap at £75) but warrnty for 5 years new Truma £52.85 12 month warranty, both can no doubt be bought cheaper on net but when your in a corner touring its a no brainer.

Anyways went for the Gaslow regulator as I eventually intend to go for the full Gaslow system, anyone have any suggestions as to the best deals?

Talk to Eddie at VanBitz, the one with a flasher:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: or look on my website, but Eddie might be cheaper.

Peter

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Waudbys did a good deal earlier this year plus free p&p can't remember exact figures but kingmal would probably be able to tell you

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I have had 3 truama regulators go on me in very short succession. On one occasion I nearly went with having the gas boiler stripped down as I could not believe another Reg would go down after only having it 6 weeks and believed the problem was elsewhere.

CLS Mark recommended a Clesse Regulator and since that day I have not had a problem. Although my new van has a Truma and I am changing it to a Clesse.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
An update, Truma Uk don't seem to answer telephones nor after 3 days do they bother to reply to emails. Thats some customer support:Angry::Angry::Angry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I went by Truma today on way to Stoke and back to get recall on spare wheel carrier done and they were working today

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yo All

Having a long weekend away in Edinburgh (CC site very nice and reasonable at £15.30 per night) Woke up yesterday to find gas bottle empty? I'm sure it was almost full but its been in storage for 5 weeks so put it down to a senior moment.

Changed onto new cylinder and thought nothing of it, gas bottle found to be empty this morning that really concerned me. purchased a replacement on site. Hooked it up and had a good check around found the small yellow vent plug on the side of the bulkhead mounted Truma regulator leaking badly. I'm guessing this is a "tell tale" and indicates a diaphragm failure, anyone had one fail, MH only 14 months old, phoned dealer but they only warranty regulators for 12 month's?

Will try and get a replacement at Knowepark tomorrow failing that its home sooner than expected.

Truma gas Regulators have a two year warranty, if it is leaking they should exchange it for you..:thumb::thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
An update, Truma Uk don't seem to answer telephones nor after 3 days do they bother to reply to emails. Thats some customer support:Angry::Angry::Angry:

hence why they spelt their name wrong Trauma :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:getmecoat:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
After posting earlier and feeling peeved I went onto their facebook site and made same point, no answer yet wonder if it'll be there tomorrow? :thumbdown:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just to comment on Haganap's earlier post, and the solution you have ended up with, the Gaslow 5-year guaranteed regulator is made by Clesse. I'm planning to have one fitted when my present (old) Truma triomatic regulator system reaches end of life.:thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
The Facebook posting must have stung them, not sure who responded to my email but I didn't receive a response.

Hi Stewart,
Truma (UK) Limited commented on their Wall post.
Truma (UK) Limited wrote: "Hi Stewart, we've checked with the service department and they said they responded to your email on 29th November. Can we ask that you call 01283 586020, or can we call you? Send your phone number to sundeep@gough.co.uk. Thanks.

Just home so to late to ring this evening.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Emailed Truma chappie direct with my phone number last night, an almost immediate response he'll personally phone me to help resolve my complaint first thing Monday. :thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Update

Phoned promptly by Truma yesterday morning at 9 am. They confirmed the 2 year warranty Ash, but if the failure is due to oily deposits from the gas they will not replace it free, however when I informed them mine had actually leaked and vented off gas from the tell tale this is classed as a probable safety issue and might be replaced free depending on a strip-down and examination.

They asked for contact details including email so they can send photo's once stripped down and I was given an address to return it(no offer was made to cover postage)

Posted today!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
They are a bloody disgrace it was made to work with gas if it blocks up hard luck :Doh:
nothing is different apart from their crappy regs

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
People like the CC should be on to this but they are not interested in helping members only taking their money

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
The Facebook posting must have stung them, not sure who responded to my email but I didn't receive a response.

Hi Stewart,
Truma (UK) Limited commented on their Wall post.
Truma (UK) Limited wrote: "Hi Stewart, we've checked with the service department and they said they responded to your email on 29th November. Can we ask that you call 01283 586020, or can we call you? Send your phone number to sundeep@gough.co.uk. Thanks.

Just home so to late to ring this evening.

SUNDEEP:Eeek: i would be prepared for an indian call centre if i were you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back