Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Has anyone retro fitted a truma Control panel for timed central heating
Link Removed
I have spoken to truma who have advised that the pcb in the boiler needs updating to the 2012 model even from a 2010 boiler then the panel can be used. It allows timed control of the heating twice a day + temperature of the water.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I looked into this last year but decided price (over £170) was too much for what it was. Although the programmer has 1oC steps for setting the temperature, the Truma Combi method of operation does not allow this fine a level of control in reality. In fact, it's temperature control is pretty coarse!

In winter I am on hook-up, so don't need a timer as heating (on electric) is on all the time. In (normal) spring/summer/autumn when I'm mostly off hook-up, I don't want the boiler on using my gas any more than necessary. On gas, water and space heating are both much quicker to reach temperature than on electric, so I'm quite happy to switch the boiler on when I get up.

I wouldn't need to change the PCB as I've already had mine upgraded under the Truma warranty as earlier versions can cause problems due to conflict with battery chargers. From what I remember, a replacement PCB was around the £300 mark. Adding that to the cost of the programmer brings you close to £500 - plus the cost of fitting unless you are able to do it yourself. :Eeek:

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Thanks for reply Maz. Too much money for what it doesn't do very well. I will do the same as you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back