Truma Combi4 problems (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2014
Nr Whitby north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Hi all, Am currently on hook up and the Truma Combi4 has gone into fault.It works on gas only but wont work on either gas/ elec or elec only. The red light just flashes. Have gone through the Truma book but to no avail.Have checked the safety cut out button on the boiler and under the floor in the locker, the lid of which buried itself in the top of my head so I now have another headache.The lights on the boiler are working so the fuse must be OK. I can take aspirin for one headache but need your expert opinion on the other one.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
On the actual panel on the boiler (not the wall mounted controller), if you remove the lid you will see another flashing light - it changes the frequency of flashes depending on the fault. The Truma book had details of the flashing sequences to determine the fault (there sare lots of different ones...).

I had a problem with mine and found a second time delay fuse had blown... it was a bugger to get at as it is at the bottom of the boiler panel and was under the bed.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I hope it works because my motorhome Truma combo has the same fault. Please let us know the outcome.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
The plastic cover on the actual boiler has a little catch at the top - I used a screwdriver to encourage it apart. The red light is at the top, along with a fuse. The second fuse is at the bottom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Nr Whitby north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Thanks the boiler is under the Lshape seat and is a pig to get to and my old fingers and Knuckles wont twist like they used to so its probably a Truma centre job.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
My Truma fault was also the 10amp fuse being blown. I had about 8 hours work to replace the 31p fuse. (n)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have had this fuse blow twice and also helped an onsite neighbour change his. Very awkward to get to because I can only squeeze my hand in flat. I found that by dangling the fuse on a half knotted loop of cotton thread I could then position it over the fuse holder and then only had to push it into place with my flat hand. Easy enough to pull the thread out after this by letting go of one end. Packet of slow acting 10 amp fuses bought from Maplin.

Brimal

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Drayton, Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Many years towing and Moho since 2004, presently Adria Coral 690SP Platinum.
In our experience for Truma read Trauma. Had loads of problems over the years which have cost loadsa heads and spadukas.

Brimal

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Drayton, Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Many years towing and Moho since 2004, presently Adria Coral 690SP Platinum.
That should be Headaches not just heads. Oops.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Could really help if an exterior access panel was available to work from the outside. Ruddy terrible place to put the control panel fuses.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back