Truma combi 6e

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Newbies44, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Newbies44

Newbies44 Read Only Funster

Hi, we've just had our first outing in our Rapido, had a little niggle with the heating, it would work on the gas setting but not on the electric, any hints and tips folk.

2. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

Hi
    There is a good chance that the electric elements need replacing..
    You should also check all fuses.
    Furthermore.. The controls for these can be confusing... You need to ensure that you're using it correctly and not selecting just water heating or something

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jemhorn

jemhorn Funster

Truma Heating

Hi there, yes it was a bit chilly last weekend. Do you have the new programmable control panel or the 'two dials'? If its the two dials I had the same trouble but I was thinking down the wrong path. It is confusing as there are symbols that look like Gas symbols but in actual fact they mean Heat. Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ovalball

Ovalball Funster

If it is the older 2 dial type make sure you put the selector switch(the outer ring)to the corrector setting ie not the flame as this is gas.Also make sure the stat (the centre black plastic dome with the little green numbers on it)is set to max ie to the biggest number which i think is 6.Also make sure that the electrical isolation switch which is ususlly adjacent to the boiler itself is turned on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mack100

Mack100 Funster

That's exactly what has happened to ours (electronic display), shows an error message that the 230 volt connection has not been made.
    Oddly the manual states that only an "expert" should attempt to change the fuse.
    The MH is going back to the dealers in 2 weeks for other stuff so I'll find out then what is causing the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. g8ysn

g8ysn Funster

truma

i blew mine up using a genny they r pretty simple to repair,the operating system is top dial is electrick /gas, bottom is water [top ] water blower [bottom] dial 1-5 is van heat temp,
    if red light is on it indicates 1/2 things /230 v no power [check 10 amp fuss] no 12 v [check 10 amp fuse]use multimeter to check before and after fuse if works on gas but noe elec then element probably gone strip down and check before orderin new ones [ abot £80. each] mdi it youselfe in halfa a day:Rofl1:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

combi 6

Hi

I hated with a passion my Combi 6 - it was replaced so many times I cannot recall!

When the electric element went, it lost half power. It has two elements in it of 900 watts each - one conked and so it would only work on half power. More than once!

Is the glass fuse OK in the boiler?

Russell

• Like Like x 1
  8. Newbies44

Newbies44 Read Only Funster

Thanks for your advice folk, will get the other half to take a look at the bits I must not touch:Wink::Wink: ps it's the two dial variety

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014