Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok here goes and, no lectures please.

I have recently had cause to change my leisure batteries and when doing so accidentally (as if I would do it on purpose) caught the pos-neg cables.

Didn't think at first any damage anywhere had been done, checked all fuses etc etc and none gone. Went away this weekend and have no heater at all, no on Electric or gas or 230, no lights anywhere.

Checked all fuses I could find again and followed the blink code

46 s,s,l,s,l,l,l,s 1) Control panel Combi or power selector switch Combi E defective 2) Combustion air motor or circulating air motor defective 3) Battery earth to the minus terminal Combi defective 1) Control panel or control panel cable defective - Power selector switch Combi E or control panel connection cable defective 2) Combustion air motor defective - Cable harness defective - Electronics defective (paint spray in control panel socket) - Internal connection between the (+) carbon brushes and/or circulating air motor and circulating air motor casing via carbon dust 3) Earth connection from the power supply is missing 1) Replace Combi control panel / or cable - Replace power selector switch Combi E and or control unit connecting cable 2) Replace circulating air motor 3) Check earth connection (ground cable) of power supply - Check supply line of combustion air motor - black cable for short circuit to ground or red cable for interruption - Replace cable harness - (If cable harness not damaged, replace combustion air motor) Check electronic PCB for paint spray in control panel socket (replace electronic PCB)

However, in view of what occured I am more likely to look at a fuse somewhere and want to know I have located all of them first.

I have obviously checked the fuse board on the main unit and none of these are blown, I have even replaced them all to make sure.
I have then gone to the actual boiler unit and checked the slow blow fuse on the PCB board, and this is also ok.
however I did read there was another one? there was one previously I changed which was really really hidden but is there another anywhere else?

please bare in mind that this boiler is so so unaccesable that I have to pretty much dismantle the kitchen to get to the PCB board and I mean sink out, draws out etc etc.

The van is a Rapido 999m on a merc.

AIA

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
When we had a problem with our Combi we had the same symptons, no lights on any of the controls and not working on gas or electric. I can't remember the fault code flashes but it was our fan motor that had failed. Once this was replaced it worked perfectly.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
bump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
As far as I am aware, there are only 2 slow delay fuses in the boiler panel, an inline fuse from the consumer unit (well there was on mine..) and an MCB in the consumer unit.

Am not aware of any others.

Ther second of the slow delay fuses is at the bottom of the boiler panel and was a pig to get at as the boiler was under the lift up french bed but with the panel at the back of the boiler meant I was squeezing into a small space and looking at everything upside down..

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have had the lower (230v) slow fuse blow twice but it only affected mains heating, gas heating and rest of system not affected. I suspect your fault lies elswhere. However I did manage to dislodge the upper (12v) fuse whilst trying to get the lower one in and then nothing worked. I can barely squeeze my hand in the gap but have now found I can lower the new fuse alongside the holder on a looped cotton thread and then press it into place with my flattened hand. I then pull the thread out by releasing one end of the loop.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
You are best booking it in directly at truma, they sorted mine out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp