Truma C603 Judder (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
My Laika on a Fiat Ducato base has a Truma C-603-C- water system that has started to judder every time I run some water. It has judder in the past but not as much. I've flushed the system until all the air is out of the system but it still judders, sometime, even when water is not being used and usually during the dead of night. Is it the pump or is air getting in somewhere?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if the pump starts when no water is being drawn then you may have a minor leak, or the valve block is bleeding back releasing pressure, but that wont cause the pump to 'judder'.

Pump noise is generally unintentional contact with a hard surface and Could be a rigid water pipe close to the pump has come into contact with some furniture board or similar and is resonating through that.
Something as simple as a piece of kit laying on the pipe could cause it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davidbaldam
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Thanks John, had a quick look today and couldn't see anything obvious but will check tomorrow during daylight. :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Sounds like your system resistance has increased for some reason and the pump is having to work harder, hence, more noise. Have you checked all your filters?

I found an additional mesh filter on my kitchen tap (previous owner must have thought it was a good idea) which slowed the flow and made the pump noisier.

Can you not turn your ELV supply off at night to stop the pump running?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
My Laika on a Fiat Ducato base has a Truma C-603-C- water system that has started to judder every time I run some water. It has judder in the past but not as much. I've flushed the system until all the air is out of the system but it still judders, sometime, even when water is not being used and usually during the dead of night. Is it the pump or is air getting in somewhere?
Is it a definite judder, or could it be described as a rumble? I ask, because these Trumatic C Boilers (3402 & 6002) make a rumbling noise when the gas burner ignites. Initially I was a bit concerned about it, but others with the same boiler experience the same rumbling sound. It appears to be at it's peak, when the boiler lights for the first time from cold.

Good luck with it,

Jock.

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
Water

Could it be where you put fresh water into the inlet pipe to the main water drinking tank , the breather pipe may be blocked causing back pressure ? worth a try ?::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davidbaldam
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Is it a definite judder, or could it be described as a rumble? I ask, because these Trumatic C Boilers (3402 & 6002) make a rumbling noise when the gas burner ignites. Initially I was a bit concerned about it, but others with the same boiler experience the same rumbling sound. It appears to be at it's peak, when the boiler lights for the first time from cold.

Good luck with it,

Jock.

Definitely judder and I don't think the breather pipe is blocked but will check in daylight. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a common modification for diaphram pumps is to replace a foot or so of the rigid blue pipe either side of the pump with a softer, more flexible pipe to prevent the pump from transmitting pulse vibrations into the rigid pipework.

Any rigid pipe touching a solid object near the pump will cause a drumming noise if plumbed in hard plastic in the same way an unsupported copper pipe may thud (against floorboards/joists etc) when a household tap is turned off quickly and as the pump is pulsing (pump, rest, pump ,rest) rapidly it will vibrate the pipework.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back