Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Filled my system yesterday ready for the off in two weeks.
On dual heating (gas and electric) water got hot and gas heating worked fine.

Today i thought i would check electric only. Turned dial to double element and set to 60deg
all lights came on correct, but no heating? no fan nothing. I thought it might have to heat the water first :RollEyes: But when i went back to check the boiler, the boiler and water were hot but still no heating.
I turned down the boiler to 40deg and the light went out, obviously the water is at 40deg but not yet reached 60deg.

I can manage with it running of gas and water heating by electric/gas but how can i get it working of leccy only when hooked up in better weather.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Biged,

We've got a C6002 EH, and I think you have to turn the lower control panel dial to the bottom setting showing the flame and the 60 degrees symbol (setting "n" in the manual) to get both heating and hot water.

Apologies if that's what you've already done, but if you've just set the lower dial to the top setting which just shows 60 degrees (setting "l" in the manual), then the heating won't come on.

Steve :Smile:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
As above.. You have set out to summer.. Water heating only at max electric...
You need to use the bottom 2 settings on that dial for winter... Water and heating

You select your "fuel" with the other dial...
Ill be right back with my diagram of how it all works.. I have a laminate of this to remind me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
I have a laminate of this to remind me

Whereas I have an extremely well thumbed manual! It's not the most straightforward of systems, is it? :roflmto:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
It's the most confusing.. Hopefully this helps.. Works for me

(summer means no heating winter is heating)

Attachments

• img20140306_152352.jpg
    img20140306_152352.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Thanks lots for all your help.
Like you all say the instructions are as clear as mud :Angry:

Will have to make something like the laminated instructions.

I have turned the left dial to dual element 1800w Turned the right dial to the bottom heating and hot water.
The fan started, very feeble, but it started. i think i can just feel a bit of heat coming out of a vent (maybe wishful thinking :ROFLMAO:) Will leave it on and check in half hour :thumb:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
And don't forget to turn up the thermostat setting in the inside of the dial (1 = low, 9 = high) that puts the heating on. On ours that's the lower dial, but it sounds like it's the one on the right for you.

OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Thanks lots for all your help.
Like you all say the instructions are as clear as mud :Angry:

Will have to make something like the laminated instructions.

I have turned the left dial to dual element 1800w Turned the right dial to the bottom heating and hot water.
The fan started, very feeble, but it started. i think i can just feel a bit of heat coming out of a vent (maybe wishful thinking :ROFLMAO:) Will leave it on and check in half hour :thumb:

Just checked and working correctly ::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is it the same as this?

If so, PM me your email and I can send you a pdf with the below on for you to print off and laminate.

Attachments

• truma dials - jpg.jpg
    truma dials - jpg.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 40

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
these controls have had me confused as well:Doh: can someone confirm that their is no setting for heating (motorhome not water) on electric only. Or have I still got it wrong:ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
these controls have had me confused as well:Doh: can someone confirm that their is no setting for heating (motorhome not water) on electric only. Or have I still got it wrong:ROFLMAO:

You can have habitation heating on electric only ... honest!

On the Power Selection dial, the vertical wiggly lines stand for electric (the top 2 positions) so you select whichever you want (one wiggle = 900w, two wiggles = 1800w).

On the Control Panel dial, the top 2 wiggly lines with a temperature figure of 60 or 40 mean you just heat the water up on it's own; the flame on it's own is habitation heating only, and the bottom flame with a temperature figure of 60 means it will heat the water and the habitation area too.

That's my understanding anyway!:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back