Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Being former caravanners we're not used to a boiler that does both heating and hot water - or at least that's what I understand it does!
Anyway, I tried to put the hot water on the other day and the boiler sounded a bit like an aircraft getting ready to taxi. Obviously not as loud but with a definite revving sound which was quite audible. The one in the caravan was silent apart from a slight clicking while it lit the gas.
is there something I should have done before I switched the thing on? e.g. will it already be full of water like a caravan truma hot water heater?
Also, does being level have an impact on the boiler?
Thanks for any help.
Mags

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Boiler

They are significantly noisier than the one's in caravans as they are doing more than one job. Did you run the heating, did you use gas or electricity? What model boiler is it? These are the answers we need before we can give you full advice. However they do sound like a jet engine and they get quieter as they warm up.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The boiler is a Truma C6002 and we were running on gas when the noise started. I was too chicken to let it continue so I turned it off and washed up the dishes with the kettle water. If it's normal for it to be a bit noisy I'll stop worrying.

Upvote 0

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi Margaret

Glad that you have got your motorhome and hope you enjoy it. Our boiler is a Truma and does not make a noise - the water pump however does make a noise when running the water. We run ours on gas or electric depending on if we are on hookup or not. The only thing that we make sure is that there is plenty of water in the system and so that the boiler is full of water. If it has been emptied it is essential to run the tap on the hot setting with the boiler switched off so that the boiler fills with water.

Hope this helps and we hope to see you both soon again.

Kath & Howie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Kath and Howie,
Thanks for the tip... and for the encouragement. Hope to see you again soon.
Mags and Shirley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Different problem

Hi, we have a different problem with our Truma. When running on gas there are 2 settings - 60 degs ("Winter") and 40 degs ("Summer" ie no heating, just hot water). Ours has stopped working on 40 deg setting but seems OK otherwise. It seems impossible to open any part of the heater or check anything. Is there anything I can try?
Wyn

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back