Truma boiler safety/drainage valve - is there a workaround? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hymer B680 SL 2006 with a Trumatic C boiler eqiped with a safety/drainage valve.

Our boiler emptied at between + 8 / 9 oC internal temperature. I was testing for a leak in the water system and found the water tank empty today. The manual does state that at 8 oC it will empty the boiler and I guess it has syphoned the water from the tank too.
This temperature to dump water is too high for me, we like mountains and can find sub 8 oC all year round in the Pyrenees and Alps. Is there a good work-around to either control this manually through an electrical switch or in-line tap or is there a lower temperature valve I could install?

Is the thermostat for the dump valve in the valve housing or part of the boiler controls?

Thanks for any help, what a waste of 120 ltr of water.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I know you can put a peg on to stop it. Ours is manual though so we don't have that problem. I suppose you could change to a manual one.

.... just as an explanation. .. we use our van all year round .. its always got water in it and when not in use over winter it has heating on or an oil rad on.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I believe that the thermostat for the dump valve is in the valve housing. Our heater (Trumatic C3402 with the red automatic valve) dumps at 4 deg C but the valve can only be closed once the temperature reaches 8 deg C. If we suspect that the temperature is going to drop we simply turn the heater (Trumatic C3402) on (as per the manual). The dump valve does not operate if the heater is switched on and it uses very little gas. That is the designed-in way to stop the valve operating whereas a peg leaves the heater unit vulnerable to (expensive) damage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back